Author Topic: "Perfect" Lamb Saag  (Read 2594 times)

Offline dammag

• Chef
    • View Profile
"Perfect" Lamb Saag
« on: July 21, 2013, 01:10 AM »
Last night I cooked a "perfect" lamb saag  :D

I used pre cooked lamb from a leg that I boned, cut up and marinated in yoghurt and spices overnight then in the morning took it out of the fridge and let warm up for three hours before cooking with onions and spices in the slow cooker all day.

I used my interpretation of the Zaal base gravy and my own mix powder blend and some freshly made ginger/garlic paste. For the saag I used frozen spinach that I cooked with some base and pureed.

My wife and I are seasoned Indian restaurant goers and she agreed that it was just like a restaurant curry.

The funny thing is, I cooked it after an afternoon of drinking home brew beer (beer and curry go together?) and winged it without thinking too much. I've experimented enough and watched enough video's on here and youtube to kind of "know" how to cook a curry and I think this approach of not thinking too much and using instinct while cooking instead of following a strict recipe resulted in a good result. At least this time  :)

I wish I had of taken some photo's and I will next time. Anyway I'm a happy curry cook today!

Yours in curry,

Damian.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: "Perfect" Lamb Saag
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:55 AM »
Sounds excellent Damian. Who knew the secret to that BIR taste was cooking blotto? ;)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:46 AM »
Yes beer and curry make for a perfect marriage.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 11:57 AM »
Shame on you for not providing us with pictorial evidence of the "perfect" dish  ;D 

Offline dammag

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 12:10 AM »
Don't worry. The e-book will be out soon. "The Secret to Perfect BIR Curry- Beer!"

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Not to cast any aspersions on your curry dammag but any curry tastes infinitely better when slightly (or very) blotto. Did you have any over to taste when sober and was the missus a little the worse for wear when she tasted it?

Offline dammag

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 07:51 AM »
Hi Secret Santa. You are probably right  :) but to find out I am cooking it again tonight. Will let you know how I go!

©2024 Curry Recipes