Author Topic: My Curry Book!!!  (Read 16257 times)

Offline meggeth

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
My Curry Book!!!
« on: October 01, 2013, 10:28 AM »
Hello all,

Thought I would put up my curry document (now removed). Its my collection of information, curries, side dishes etc that I have cooked over the past 12 months and found to be good. This is obviously personal, so I don't expect everyone to like the same things. Most are recipes taken form this forum, cook4one, etc, with a few changes here and there. It's gradually been built up over the past 12 months, and I've passed it onto friends who came for curries and liked what they had.

It's probably not much use for most people on here who have been cooking for a while, as they will no doubt be familiar with most of the information that's in it, but it may be of use to newcomers as a starting guide. There's a pdf file, and a doc file for anyone who wants to modify it.

Anyway, happy cooking!

Meggeth requested later:  "George, can you delete the original docs in the first post please! Ta." So I have, whilst he updates them.   Regards - George
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:25 PM by George »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: My Curry Book!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:48 AM »
Well done, Meggeth -- a free curry e-book is never to be sniffed at :)
** Phil.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 10:49 AM »
Excellent Meggeth. Right in my dropbox, where I keep all my other BIR ebooks!

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 12:19 PM »
Excellent little book Meggeth. As you said a good start for beginners. (and some good reminders for the rest of us ;))
Thanks' for all your effort.

Les

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 01:25 PM »
Great Job - love it!

I think there may be one who will not be pleased but we will see about his recipes being in there

but overall - well done

best, Rich

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 01:40 PM »
I think there may be one who will not be pleased but we will see about his recipes being in there
Oy vey, oy vey, oy vey ...

I didn't look at the PDF when it was first sent, but now I do I am very concerned about the front-page waiver :

This document may be reproduced without the consent of the author! Just pass it on to anyone you want to!
You can't include copyright material in an e-book such as this and then waive copyright for the derived work; the copyright holders of the original material are the only ones who can do that.  I would strongly suggest that you change the wording to :

This document includes recipes that were originally published on curry-recipes.co.uk and/or cr0.co.uk; please respect the copyright of the owners of that material and do not pass it on to anyone other than a member of those two web sites.
Alternatively, seek permission from each of the copyright holders for you to include their copyright material in a derived work that is explicitly copyright-free.

See http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,1273.msg11317.html#msg11317

** Phil.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 03:33 PM »
Great stuff. I may try some if those

Offline meggeth

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 03:42 PM »
Phil, I just added that statement as a tongue in check comment - it wasn't supposed to be serious really, but I have now removed it.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 03:44 PM »
Or just take phil's advice with a pinch of chaat masala. Works a treat too.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 03:54 PM »
Give over, Phil FFS! There have been - and still are! - plenty of examples of people posting links to real copyrighted material.

As you've so thoughtfully brought attention to Admin's pronouncements, let's not forget this gem!

Its back and available on the net for free,

www.mydatabus.com/2z/zfa.pbz/kifly98/TheCurrySecret.pdf

This is where the journey began a long time ago for many on the road to curry perfection, worth grabbing this whilst it is available for free

Stew 8)

That link is no longer valid, and I personally value Admin taking the time to make that particular post, but the quoted thread serves to make a point. A trawl through the Ebooks, Recipes & Software etc shows many other examples.

I remember Stonecut got pelters when he thoughtfully compiled a load of recipes from the site a while ago. I didn't agree with the naysayers then, and neither do I now. Well done, Stonecut and well done, meggeth. Your contributions hold much more value to members than some others presently unworthy of mention.

©2024 Curry Recipes