Author Topic: Roast Chicken Vindaloo  (Read 7774 times)

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roast Chicken Vindaloo
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 10:55 AM »
I watched the programme on Saturday just to catch this(last week one chef was cooking deep fried tulips believe it or not so I don't usually bother!!) It does look like a nice recipe.

Anyhow was it me or was the chicken SERIOUSLY undercooked?? He cut away the back bone and you could clearly see loads of blood.Was it my poor eyesight???  Wouldn't want to eat in his place if it was.Bad enough that half the chefs on the programme don't wash their hands after handling raw meat/fish!!

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 12:47 PM »
When eating unpeeled prawns I was always taught to suck the meat out of the heads
Which I now make my children do for entertainment value  ;D
Its meant to be the sweetest part  :o
Cheers Michael

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 01:24 PM »
I really want to go to Atul Kotchhar restuarant and his book is on the Xmas List.
I enjoy making traditional style curry and believe you need to learn this to help with BIR cooking techniques.

Stew

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 01:59 PM »
I watched the programme on Saturday just to catch this(last week one chef was cooking deep fried tulips believe it or not so I don't usually bother!!) It does look like a nice recipe.

Anyhow was it me or was the chicken SERIOUSLY undercooked?? He cut away the back bone and you could clearly see loads of blood.Was it my poor eyesight???  Wouldn't want to eat in his place if it was.Bad enough that half the chefs on the programme don't wash their hands after handling raw meat/fish!!

Yes JB, that Chicken was seriously under cooked, I can only assume due to the time restraints on TV and hope that is not the case in his restaurant... :/

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 02:00 PM »
When eating unpeeled prawns I was always taught to suck the meat out of the heads
Which I now make my children do for entertainment value  ;D
Its meant to be the sweetest part  :o
Cheers Michael

Rather you than me!!  ;D

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 02:01 PM »
I really want to go to Atul Kotchhar restuarant and his book is on the Xmas List.
I enjoy making traditional style curry and believe you need to learn this to help with BIR cooking techniques.

Stew

You'll love this recipe Stew!!

Offline fishy

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 11:14 PM »
Made this yesterday and we all really enjoyed, you cant beat a roast chicken, so juicy if cooked right and perfect with the spice gravy, defo make again. Thanks!

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 08:02 PM »
I made this tonight.Very nice it was too...the Wife thought it was a bit hot but I did say it was supposed to be vindaloo hot.The only thing I would leave out next time is the cinnamon stick in the gravy.I only used a small piece but it was still a bit over powering.I always find this when using cinnamon,does anyone else think the same or is it just me??  Anyway definitely a nice recipe.Sorry about the dodgy pics,the beer had been flowing!!

©2024 Curry Recipes