Author Topic: What was this ingredient?  (Read 4444 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: What was this ingredient?
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 12:27 PM »
By crikey they would need to be producing some seriously spectacular curries for me not to have already told the owner where to stick his tenner, and his bloomin' spicy prunes.  They are exploiting you.  20-25 quid for 4 hours delivery driving at my local (a tiny end-terrace TA).  A quid extra for every delivery over 3 miles.  Any food I like to eat in or take home, and for the wife.  Unlimited access to the kitchen.  The base gravy will be made most if not every day, as will everything else, with the exception of mix powder, which they almost certainly won't show you how to make anyway.

Rob  :'( 

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 09:48 PM »
I know.  He's exploiting me because I want to learn.  There are two 'Indian' restaurants where I live.  The other place is somewhere you just wouldn't want to work in at all; reputation as a drug dealer and womaniser and getting into fights.  This guy is meant to be running the 'nice' establishment.  But he's taking the liberties.  A couple of the staff are really nice.  But I've decided that I'm going to suggest I help them with preparation during the day as he doesn't seem to be wanting to invite me at all.  If he doesn't allow me, then it will be time to say 'good bye' I think.  When I was delivering last night I was also quite worried about getting stopped by the police and seeing I had take-aways in the car etc.  It's another aspect I'm concerned about since somebody here pointed out to me the insurance matter.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 12:23 AM »
I know.  He's exploiting me because I want to learn.
Mate, don't put yourself at risk cos it just aint worth it.  If he doesn't make it a two way street, then blow it out.  If he is reluctant to take advantage of your FREE services during the daytime, he don't deserve you  FULL STOP !!!!

©2024 Curry Recipes