Author Topic: local curry house recipes from brisbane australia  (Read 11751 times)

Offline diverdil

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: local curry house recipes from brisbane australia
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 11:51 AM »
is it possible this guy is genuine and you've made a mistake? not a very nice treatment for a new member.

innocent till proven guilty

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 12:11 PM »
is it possible this guy is genuine and you've made a mistake? not a very nice treatment for a new member.   innocent till proven guilty

Yes, it is (possible that this guy is genuine), and IF he is, then I apologise unreservedly.  However, consider the facts :  Icehawk lurks here in silence since 20 July 2013, 23:47:43, saying not a word.  Today, he writes for the first time, to tell us of his very positive experience with their Chicken Madras recipe.  He posts a link, not to the recipe but to the corporate home page for the Sitar chain.  He does not even provide a link to their list of recipes [1], none of which incidentally is called "Chicken Madras".  The site (as is sadly the case for many sites that have sought publicity via this site) steals other people's recipes, claims them as original, and claims copyright of them.  You are welcome to adjudge him innocent if you wish; I choose to reserve judgement.

** Phil.
--------
[1] He later adds some text to indicate where the recipes are to be found.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 04:46 PM »
I  thought he was quite genuine an sincere with his last comment  ;)

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 04:57 PM »
Bit harsh to say there's no Madras recipe on the site or that he's passing it off as his own.

http://www.sitar.com.au/content_common/pg-indian-recipes-madras-curry.seo

As for the quality.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 05:10 PM »
Bit harsh to say there's no Madras recipe on the site or that he's passing it off as his own.

I believe Phil said "Chicken" Madras, Where he is quite correct, there is however a "Madras Curry"
O/P said he tried the "Chicken Madras" recipe. from where?. must read o/p before making comment :)

Les

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 05:14 PM »
Fair enough, I'm probably just naive and like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, even if they do turn out to be shills.

I wasn't sure if Phil had managed to find the 'Madras' recipe as it was well hidden.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 05:20 PM »
We all make mistakes fried, I also like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
but I think this one is trying it on. but it would be ok to be proved wrong, ;D

Les

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 05:53 PM »

http://www.sitar.com.au/content_common/pg-indian-recipes-madras-curry.seo

As a later commentator noted, it was Chicken Madras that Icehawk stated that he had made using a recipe from the Sitar site, and there is no such recipe.  There is a generic Madras recipe which calls for chuck steak, and which has clearly been lifted from the Super Food Ideas - April 2004 (page 64) recipe by Kerrie Sun.  The recipes are identical, even down to the image used.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:30 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 09:07 PM »
And all this achieves exactly what?  :(  It certainly has nothing to do with what the majority of REMAINING  forum members are here for.  Although I really am beginning to think that maybe it does.  There seems to be more interest in discussing anything rather than BIR cooking and how to improve on what we have achieved so far  :-\  Currently this site is probably the best authority on BIR cooking.  I would like to see this status maintained.  However, if the current trend continues ; far too many off topic and non BIR related posts than anything else, this forum will soon become a waste land.  Anybody with any real interest, knowledge, experience and enthusiasm for BIR and wanting to move things forward, will have long since left because of the antics of those who disregard the whole purpose of this forum.

Rant almost over.

If you don't like what somebody posts then, then simply ignore it. What a waste of Stu's server space getting clogged up with such dross as this thread.  It would be too easy to check out the initial post and link, decide it's not relevant or doesn't interest and simply move on without further ado.
Simples - I WISH  :(

And it's nice to see our old friend CA is still among us:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:31 PM by curryhell »

Offline icehawk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 09:46 PM »
I used their madras recipe but used chicken instead of beef. I don't know where the recipes originally came from and don't really care. Maybe the Indian stole them. How many Indian restaurants give away recipes. I know of only this one and cant understand why. I am going to try them and take some photos and let you know what I think.

©2024 Curry Recipes