Author Topic: local curry house recipes from brisbane australia  (Read 11701 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: local curry house recipes from brisbane australia
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 09:49 PM »
Go for it Icehawk.  Get in that kitchen and cook.  I look forward to reading a post that focuses on actually cooking something and giving other forum members info on the dish  ;)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 10:48 PM »
I used their madras recipe but used chicken instead of beef. I don't know where the recipes originally came from and don't really care. Maybe the Indian stole them. How many Indian restaurants give away recipes. I know of only this one and cant understand why. I am going to try them and take some photos and let you know what I think.

I agree it doesn't really matter where a recipe comes from if it tastes good. I doubt, however, that they are giving away their own recipes. Rather, the restaurant, may be 'borrowing' other peoples' recipes.

If you like Chicken Madras, try member Chewy Tikka's recipe, based on his video, as featured on this site. It's very highly regarded and it would be interesting to hear how you rate it, compared to the recipe off the restaurant web site you found.

Offline BradM

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 08:07 AM »
. How many Indian restaurants give away recipes. I know of only this one and cant understand why.
These guys also give away recipes, although I think many of these recipes are home-style rather than BIR style:
http://nilgiris.com.au/category/recipes/
Someone else posted this site as I'm sure I read about them on here.

Offline Middy73

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 01:22 PM »
The recipes were there, but they updated the website and cleared them all.  I am still very distraught about this.  Their rogan josh, butter chicken and madras were to die for.  I didn't take any photos as I assumed they would be there forever...

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 03:45 PM »
The recipes were there, but they updated the website and cleared them all.  I am still very distraught about this.  Their rogan josh, butter chicken and madras were to die for.  I didn't take any photos as I assumed they would be there forever...

Sitar can be found here;  Nilgiris here.

The Way Back Machine is very frequently Your Friend
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:15 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 10:29 PM »
Just took advantage of Phil's retrospective investigative skills and did a quick copy /paste of these recipes. Regardless of the recipes source, or provenance, I agree with Middy73 that a couple of these recipes were pretty tasty when I tried them at the time of the OP and ensuing toing and froing.  Although not in the BIR style, I look forward to trying them again.

You can't always count on internet sites to find what we assumed would be a personal resource.  There was a great reference to many things "Cooking"  on a site hosted by the Celtic Society.  Hundreds of international spice blends, condiment recipes and sauces.  Brilliant but gone.

PS:  Edit :  Phil, you are an inspiration.  I have just relocated the archive of the celtnet.org.uk site.  Whoo-hooo.
This site is a treasure trove to a spice junky. Everything from Cajun Blackened fish spice to 1840's Victorian original Arnott's Curry Powder

https://web.archive.org/web/20140708214235/http://www.celtnet.org.uk/recipes/miscellaneous/spice-blend.php
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:22 PM by livo »

©2024 Curry Recipes