Author Topic: THE ULTIMATE MADRAS - AN EXPERIMENT  (Read 30262 times)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: THE ULTIMATE MADRAS - AN EXPERIMENT
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2014, 08:26 AM »
Cheers Michael, they were all amazing, the onion bhajis were the best ive made, the madras was hot moreish and gone in 60 seconds!!

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2014, 08:59 AM »
That all looks very nice, Andy. Good stuff :)

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2014, 03:55 PM »
Garp, did you get your base from TheCurrySauce.com? Would you recommend the base? and also have you made the Fundamental Onion Paste of said site? I keep meaning to have a go at an onion paste I think there could be something in it

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2014, 04:27 PM »
Yes, Andy, I did. Dropped the garam masala down a tsp for my own tastes.

I would certainly recommend it - it is neutral - as a base should be, IMO. Can be used for everything from Korma to Madras.....and beyond.

I did try the onion paste at the start, and added it to a couple of dishes. I wasn't convinced it added too much to be honest.

Having said that - I used your blended onions/green chilli in yesterday's madras and that seemed to add something, so might revisit that idea.

By the way....just got the report back from Step-Garp on last night's madras. Very very good was the verdict :)

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2014, 07:25 PM »
I made my madras last night but I never blended the onion/chilli and it wasnt as good as normal, thats what got me thinking of the onion paste.I also used kashmiri and deggi mirch (no standard chilli powder) which seemed to make it a little 'rich' but it was still an excellent curry and said by the wife that it was the best one so far. All noted and ready for my next attempt. Im glad you got positive feedback Garp, maybe we can crack this together, I will be making an onion paste for my next attempt.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2014, 07:55 PM »
Im glad you got positive feedback Garp, maybe we can crack this together, I will be making an onion paste for my next attempt.

Hey, Andy - I'm happy now, I can make a bloody good, restaurant-style madras. I'll leave it to your good self to find the 'Ultimate'. But I will certainly try whatever you finally end up with :)

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2014, 09:11 PM »
No worries Garp, I shall continue my trials, alone! haha

©2024 Curry Recipes