Author Topic: This weeks Curry Night at the UNI......  (Read 3224 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
This weeks Curry Night at the UNI......
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Another week gone by at the UNI, and this week we made a lovely Paneer & Pumpkin Tikka Masala for the Vegetarians along with a Chicken Ceylon and Chicken Nepal...

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: This weeks Curry Night at the UNI......
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 09:16 PM »
another barnstormer!

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pics Bob

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 01:02 AM »
Not being picky Bob :D hic:
Probably just the heat lamps, but your pics look all the same colour, if it wasn't for the
coriander and cream it could be difficult to tell them apart. Maybe take the snaps before they go in the Counterline.

Couple of questions if I may
Do you still use KnorrPataks pastes for spicing in these or do you go your own way completely.

I got the impression you were cooking for mainly students at a college refectory, how much are you charging
per portion for these fine curries. probably very cheap!

On the veggy, what kind of Pumpkin do you use and what brand of Paneer Cheese

There's a couple BIR dishes with Chicken Tikka and Paneer combined as a mixed flavour.

Worth an experiment. ;)
cheers Chewy

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:27 AM »
Not being picky Bob :D hic:
Probably just the heat lamps, but your pics look all the same colour, if it wasn't for the
coriander and cream it could be difficult to tell them apart. Maybe take the snaps before they go in the Counterline.

Couple of questions if I may
Do you still use KnorrPataks pastes for spicing in these or do you go your own way completely.

I got the impression you were cooking for mainly students at a college refectory, how much are you charging
per portion for these fine curries. probably very cheap!

On the veggy, what kind of Pumpkin do you use and what brand of Paneer Cheese

There's a couple BIR dishes with Chicken Tikka and Paneer combined as a mixed flavour.

Worth an experiment. ;)
cheers Chewy

Morning Mike,

Yes this week, the pics look pretty much the same in colour due to the heat lamps from the servery. The Paneer & Pumpkin Tikka Masala was a deeper colour of red (no food colouring added, just the colour from the TRS Tandoori Masala). I can't remember right now what brand Paneer came in as one of the Indian porters picked the Paneer up from the large cash and carry in Southall, but I can find out on Monday and come back to you. The pumpkin was just a standard pumpkin, but sometimes we will use butternut squash or sweet potato as well.

The only time I use KnorrPataks pastes is when I make Tikka, then I use Tikka Paste along with all the other spices from Blades Tikka recipe on here. I use the Kashmiri paste when making Kashmiri Masala, and I use Tandoori, Tikka and Kashmiri pastes when making Tandoori. Otherwise I make all curries by making Taz's base, along with spice mix, curry powder, chilli powder, methi or whatever other ingredients I need to make a certain dish.

I do have a big bag of dried Kashmiri Chilli's and when I get time I will have a go at making my own Kashmiri Masala paste as I did with the Tikka paste. I've almost got the Tikka Paste to perfection now and when I am satisfied with it, I'll stop buying the Pataks paste and make my own. Similarly, I will venture into the Tandoori paste at some stage in the future.

We usually have around 350 to 500 people come through, "The Hub" kitchen restaurant which is one of 3 main restaurants on the Uni and we have a number of smaller outlets on campus which serve, cakes, panini's, sandwiches etc.

A portion of curry costs about

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 10:14 PM »
A great looking spread, just like we've come to expect from the Uni kitchen  ;D  Good value and very lucky undergrads indeed  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes