Author Topic: Mixed powder  (Read 15444 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Mixed powder
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 06:15 PM »
I don't personally think it was (is) a wind-up; I think it was a genuinely intentioned idea by someone who had never written a book in his life and who thought that achieving it was well within his limitations.  Sadly, as time passes, it must be ever more apparent to Chris that this is not the easy task that he once envisaged, but even if I have no real desire to own a copy, I hope that it does eventually see the light of day so that reviewers here and elsewhere can pass fair but informed comment on its content.

** Phil.

littlechilie

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 06:23 PM »
Well put Phil!
I would agree that any additional informative information is always welcome in my eyes, just hope I'm around to see it published ;)

Come on Chris stick it to us mate!!

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 06:36 PM »
To be honest, I thought Phil's 'review' (of the situation) was probably the most savage I've ever read!!! :o

Glad I misunderstood :) Cheers.

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 11:03 PM »
I've got it now having bought it on amazon.  Is it really good quality and different to your average madras mix?
Nope, it's your bog-standard Madras curry powder.  I happen to prefer Bolsts, but I doubt if anyone could really tell the difference in the final curry unless no other spices were added.

** Phil.

I did watch Chris's youtube vidoe making the Staff Curry and he mentions to use this Madras powder.  I'm hoping that this powder added to the other spices listed up thread will make a good mix powder blend.  Does anybody have any better suggestions to this?

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 11:19 PM »
I don't personally think it was (is) a wind-up; I think it was a genuinely intentioned idea by someone who had never written a book in his life and who thought that achieving it was well within his limitations.  Sadly, as time passes, it must be ever more apparent to Chris that this is not the easy task that he once envisaged

I agree, and I hope the eBook materialises at some point, however long it takes. Chris surely deserves some payback after the free release of all his videos and recipes like the naan bread one.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 11:59 PM »
I agree too

I think Chris's vids were great - dont understand why it has all gone quiet on that front - he hasn't posted on his channel for sometime. If there is no interest when the book does come out there will be a heck of a job to promote it.

At least Julian had the foresight to keep sending out snippets and vids to keep the momentum running before his second release.

I'm wondering if there has been a fallout and NO more vids because of the time taking to produce this.

We will all have to wait and see

best, Rich

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 08:20 AM »
Since Chris has been banned from here, and more recently banned from CA's (moderated), he quite possibly no longer has a target audience for his book, whence (perhaps) the recent lack of any visible activity from him.  I still believe that, whilst his ban from here was arguably justified, he has "done his time" and should be allowed back.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:17 PM by George »

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 09:19 AM »
I thought we were discussing mixed powder?

littlechilie

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 09:24 AM »
Good point there Phil.
I have also seen Chris wind up many people me included with his never ending questions and clever play of words after a few drinks!
But saying that I also believe in people changing and learning from there mistakes, also think it would be a good move to have him here as his knowledge outstrips mine and most others here!
Second chances are a good kind hearted thing in this life ;)

Ader1 sorry bud just to keep on track check out this link for mix powder:)

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,13070.0.html

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 09:41 AM »
I thought we were discussing mixed powder?

We were but you brought up the subject of Chris which always in turn leads to a discussion about Chris's ebook and which will come out first, his book or Adam and Eve's auto-biography.

Try any of the mix powders suggested in this thread. All of them will do the job.

©2024 Curry Recipes