Author Topic: Curried Aways Keema mix  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Adeypayne

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Curried Aways Keema mix
« on: March 24, 2014, 03:21 PM »
Hi all you curry heads. After numerous requests here is OUR Keema recipe. This can be used for seekh kebab, shami, rash mi, Keema naan, or as an addition to your BIR favourite recipes such as Nawabi etc.

The following will make around 1 kg of Keema:

In a bowl add 750g of mutton mince with a fat content of at least 25%. To this add 250g of beef mince. Add: 1 tsp methi,1 tblsp g/g paste, 1 tsp salt, 1 tblsp mix powder, 2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp deggi mirch ( kashmiri chilli powder), 2 green chillies very finely chopped, 1 shallot very finely chopped, 1 tblsp very finely chopped fresh garden mint, 2 tblsp finely chopped fresh coriander, 2 tsp kashmiri paste, 2 tsp tandoori massala, just a few drops of fresh lemon juice, 1 egg beaten, 1 tsp Mr naga paste, 2 tsp garam massala, red colour (optional)
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. You can add or reduce the chilli content to vary the heat accordingly.
When mixed spoon mixture into some muslin cloth and squeeze out any excess moisture. Return to bowl cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour. Your mix is ready to use or you can freeze into usable portions. Enjoy :)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Curried Aways Keema mix
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:32 PM »
After numerous requests here is OUR Keema recipe.

It's so good of you to provide this recipe. I look forward to trying it and I read your word 'optional' for the red food colour as 'mandatory'. That's what you really mean, isn't it, for consistent results and, no doubt, what customers expect?

Offline Adeypayne

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:06 PM »
Hi george. If I had my way i would not choose colour in anything apart from the naturals in the likes of Haldi (Turmeric) etc. However, in this neck of the woods, people eat with their eyes!, in that, if the keema wasn't red they would say thats not correct, thats not BIR! Same applies to Tikka and Tandoori. When i cook at home or for guests and am not at the restaurant, i avoid colourings like the plague! Purely your choice though, as in optional  ;)

Offline wilson720

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Hi Adeys. Is this the same recipe as your restraunt keen to give it a go seekh kebabs are one of my faves, tried loads of recipes but never seem to get it the same as restraunts. Last effort I went out and bought a large tub of pataks kebab paste as required in the recipe, close but no bananas. Gonna try yours. I live nth lincs so may pop in for a portion for comparison purposes and if it works tap you up for a cooking lesson! Cheers

Offline onion gadgie

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 10:38 AM »
Hi adey thanks a lot for this recipe mate made up the mix last night for tonights meal but could not resist it so had a bit for breakfast absolutely excellent on pitta with salad ,followed your recipe apart from no deggi mirch as I have not seen it up here in east Scotland but still enough heat for me without it.
Looking forward to tonights meal already and would recommend this mix to everyone on the forum. Cheers OG.

©2024 Curry Recipes