Author Topic: Akbars - Newcastle  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Akbars - Newcastle
« on: May 10, 2014, 09:09 PM »
After managing to deflect the issue many times, I finally caved in and went here last night with my family. Quite simply it was the worst curry I've had for many a year. On arrival (booked) we were handed this device which beeps when you table is ready and left to our own devices. The place is big , flash and was packed. After finding a settee to sit on after about 15mins, the thing beeped and we made our way to reception to be shown to our table, read menu and then ordered. Some poppadoms first with a pretty poor pickle tray. Some insipid watery mango sauce similar in looks to the big squeezy bottle I had been looking at in the indian suppliers I use for

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Akbars - Newcastle
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 09:30 PM »
The servers are dressed as chefs and bring you meals out and theres lots of them.

It makes you wonder whether they may actually be the chefs. It'd cut down on staff costs if they cooked and then served the curries.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 10:20 PM »

It makes you wonder whether they may actually be the chefs. It'd cut down on staff costs if they cooked and then served the curries.

They may well be but their chefs clothes were pretty clean (I'm usually top to bottom with splashes). There must be close on 200 people in there when its busy. Your order is taken by a waiter in typical waiters black shirt and pants and everything is served by a person in chefs attire and the majority of them were the youngest indian chefs I've seen. I've got myself convinced they're there to create an illusion that they've cooked your food and its really been pinged in a microwave and if I'm wrong I do apologise. It did take them a half hour after repeated prompts to produce my jug of mango lassi I ordered.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:07 AM by Gav Iscon »

Offline robertseymour

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 10:15 AM »
If your looking for a good curry in Newcastle try Solomon's near the back of the general hospital never had a bad meal there yet :D

©2024 Curry Recipes