Author Topic: Rajmah masala  (Read 2657 times)

Offline gerryd

• Chef
    • View Profile
Rajmah masala
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:03 PM »
Hey Guys

Been looking around for a recipe for Rajmah masala

anyone have a good recipe, also if you do are tinned kidney beans ok?

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rajmah masala
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:02 PM »
This any good to ya?

http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/rajma-masala-recipe-restaurant-style/

The whole site looks pretty cool there as it goes (for veg stuff any how)- but funny enough that sauce looks good enough to have some pre-cooked chicken thrown into!!!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 07:14 PM »
funny enough that sauce looks good enough to have some pre-cooked chicken thrown into!!!

Not to me, I afraid; looks all too much like a tinned curry to me, all artificial thickening and no trace of oil.

** Phil.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:20 PM »
That'll be the cream then  :P

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:54 AM »
I actually made this for dinner last night after having stumbled upon that site last week.  I used 1 can of beans as I hadn't soaked and cooked any and it worked out fine.  I used only approximately 1/2 qty of everything else and it was absolutely delicious.  This made just enough for 2 people served on a bed of steamed Brown Rice with a nice garden salad.  Naan would have been good to go with it as the writer suggests.  I'll definitely be eating it again.  Real wet weather, cold day comfort food and so quick and easy.

Plus I would suggest that it could take a small amount of ground beef or lamb rather than chicken.  Sort of like an Indian version of Chilli con carne.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 02:39 AM »
This dish was included in my banquet a week ago, but not exactly the same.  Once again I hadn't cooked any red kidney beans from scratch and when I went to the pantry all I had that was even close was a tin of Four Beam Mix containing butter beans, chickpeas, red kidney beans and baby lima beans. I basically followed the exact same recipe procedure and the end result was excellent. My wife finished up the last of it with some rice and naan for lunch the other day and she said that it is even better than just using Kidney Beans. 

©2024 Curry Recipes