Author Topic: Chapati v Naans  (Read 15016 times)

Bobdylan

Re: Chapati v Naans
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2018, 11:25 PM »
Hope someone reads this and helps me out.

I watched H4ppy Chris's videos on Naan and he cooked on a Tawa that he said "was just a steel one".  He used water on the bread to make it stick to the tawa so he could invert it and cook the topside directly over the gas burner.  All I can find are either cast iron (which will be great but heavy to use) or all sorts of tawa with double anodising or other "non stick" surface.

Is he using a plain steel pan or non stick?

Take a nonstick Tawa as these are fair priced,this is also what HC describes he used. But personally I sand and remove the nonstick coating and then seasoned at a very high temperature.

Unfortunately when people confuse subjects with extensive unjustified dialogue the original topic and statement can be lost in translation. My statement being a prime example, I make no mention of material or cost, just of my preference.

UFC it may not be, strangly enough the internal conflict is truly fascinating.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:52 PM by Bobdylan »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2018, 03:59 AM »
Do you ever get the feeling you're turning into some horrible cross-bred incarnation of Phil/Chewy, Livo?
I hadn't really given it much thought.  The patience and wisdom of Phil paired with CT's cooking knowledge. I could live with that. Unfortunately I have neither.  ;D  Time of day, level of lubrication, the weather all play a part.

Bobdylan.  An explanation is due.  If you look at the time stamp of the post of mine you recently quoted and responded to, you'll notice it was made just over 4 years ago.  That was just after I first saw the H4ppy Chris' video and was asking about Tawa because they are not that easy to find out here in the backwaters of the colonies.  However, I did manage to obtain one eventually. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 04:17 AM by livo »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2018, 04:12 AM »
You may also notice that my very next post in this thread, 2 days later shows that I'd already found the answer to my question.  Replying to and reopening old threads can be beneficial but it can also lead to unfortunate misunderstanding, this case in point.  Plus again, replying to a person with thanks (ie: CA; history attached), who has moved a posted recipe from a different member, (Curry Queen) to a different area of the forum back in 2008, all while using an unrelated quote from another member, Haldi.  What is going on there Bob?  Is it rolling? 

Of course you could be forgiven for not knowing the old bones political atmosphere of the forum, but take care and consider the pop-up warnings about replying to very old posts.  Quoting is a useful tool, sometimes, when used in an understandable fashion.  Unfortunately the quote button is often abused and multi-nested quotes and repetitive posts are a Adey in the ssma. (PITA)

I'm not going to brief you on the old politics of the forum.  It was just before my time but I still understood the nature of the beast.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:49 AM by livo »

Bobdylan

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Livo your apologies are accepted in good faith, as shall continue to post as I deem appropriate thank you.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:00 PM by Bobdylan »

©2024 Curry Recipes