Author Topic: "Wierdo-business model"  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
"Wierdo-business model"
« on: August 19, 2014, 12:35 PM »
http://tiffinplanet.co.uk/

Have a look. It looks slightly bizarre- different menus depending on where you live! etc -but has anyone tried it or anything similar?

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Wierdo-business model"
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:25 AM »
Interesting concept and I would probably try this if they did other areas for something different.

Stew

Offline adamski

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 06:58 PM »
Nothing odd about it. I work in central London in IT we outsource development to India and we have a lot of Indians onsite.

A lot of them buy their lunch from these places, place your order and a guy turns up with a tiffin lunch, two veg dishes, rice dish, breads and chutney all in micro containers.

He charges 5 pounds (also does non-veg for more).

Very good, I've tried it several times had some very good food, amazing really what you can do with vegetables and some spice.

The only problem is the long queues to use the microwaves in the canteen :)

The reason there are different dishes depending on region is to cater for the vastly differing cuisines in India and the communities in London.

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 07:09 PM »
Nothing odd about it. I work in central London in IT we outsource development to India and we have a lot of Indians onsite.

A lot of them buy their lunch from these places, place your order and a guy turns up with a tiffin lunch, two veg dishes, rice dish, breads and chutney all in micro containers.

He charges 5 pounds (also does non-veg for more).

Very good, I've tried it several times had some very good food, amazing really what you can do with vegetables and some spice.

The only problem is the long queues to use the microwaves in the canteen :)

The reason there are different dishes depending on region is to cater for the vastly differing cuisines in India and the communities in London.

Tiffin Boxes featured on a tv programme last year some time. The proprietor said much the same as your post. Loads of them in London now I'd imagine

ELW

©2024 Curry Recipes