Author Topic: Chewytikka  (Read 23319 times)

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chewytikka
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 10:47 PM »
Great video thanks. Looks like a real restaurant curry

littlechilie

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 11:09 PM »
Love it 8)

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 11:45 PM »
Nice one me ald Chewy

Love Bhuna - we dont have it on the meals (dropped it on standardising) - but one of my favourites that i make for myself

Its only 5 in the morning but it made my mouth water

great post

best, Rich

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 11:46 AM »
Top notch as usual CT.

I understand Tyneside, I grew up on Viz comic.  :) :)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 11:53 AM »
Wait till Garp hears broad northumbrian which is just a few miles up the road from Tyneside. It took me a year to finally understand my late Father in law and noramlly the conversation would be me nodding in agreement, then getting the look and me then adding the words Yes Yes you're right I do think that's wrong or vice-versa. I soon became expert at seamlessly turning an agreement into me disagreeing. Happy days  :)

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 12:52 PM »
Mebbe we shoods aw spick in scottish tae help it puir auld garp fa seems tae be havin' trooble understandin' th' queens sassenach.  ;)

Was thinking about making this recipe tonight but I think Im going to want something a lot hotter to go with all my beers in the fridge, I could add extra chilli (powder and green) but then Im not really doing the recipe how it is supposed to be done.

Offline chewytikka

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 04:30 PM »
Thanks for all the good comments Lads ;) ;D
cheers Chewy

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 05:14 PM »
MA why not try a good garlic and chilli chicken, simple, few ingredients and packs in loads of taste and heat.

Here's a link to me making 976's garlic and chilli sauce for the curry, probably still not hot enough for you but very nice, on the photos I said garlic and ginger where it should be garlic and chilli, oops

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,11156.msg84050.html#msg84050

Ed
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 05:25 PM by Edwin Catflap »

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 08:29 PM »
I meant to make Curryhell's Elaichi North Indian Special for dinner tonight, but by the time I'd made a few kilos of pre-cooked chicken and chicken tikka, and blended and frozen a load of garden tomatoes, I realised that I didn't have the pastes required to make the red masala sauce. Big disappointment!

So having watched Chewy's video of his Chicken Bhuna this morning, I thought his recipe would fit the bill and give me something new to try. I'm glad I did, because it was delicious!

It was made with portion 2/6 of JB's base and it worked very well indeed. I'll certainly cook this very fine curry again. Thanks again to Chewy for sticking the video up for us. :)

Now I need to lay my hands on some pastes for that pesky red masala sauce!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 09:57 PM »
That looks like a damn fine quality bhuna you got there Naga.  It's got me right in the mood for my leftovers  :P You deserve a good curry after all that work  ;) I always do a bulk batch of red masala and freeze it in ice cubes trays and then bag it.  That way, i'm never without it for when the mood takes me  ::) ;D
I certainly have some work to do once i get back in the kitchen in the way of pre-cooked meat to prepare.  Then i can crack on with the winter curry cooking.  Am looking forward to trying jb's base.  And now CT's bhuna  :P

©2024 Curry Recipes