Author Topic: Oh, I give up  (Read 15375 times)

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, I give up
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 06:45 PM »
No offence, Haldi, but that is complete bollocks.

None of us have a commercial burner, but many seem to profess to having made curries better than restaurants/TAs.
Well if it is rubbish, then why would so many takeaways do it?
They wouldn't waste money when competition and times are so difficult
Think about it
There is a reason
You are talking about perhaps a hundred curries a night, using all this extra gas

I've produced curries better than some takeaways, on my standard cooker
But using my big burner, at the correct moments, makes them even better
It deepens the flavour and changes the aroma

You don't need the big flame all the time, but you really do need it, for part of the cooking process

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Must we have to use this foul language on this forum children should be allowed to read without parental guidance >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( come on mods wake up :o :o :o :o

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Man we really don't have a hope of improving.

I'm in the haldi camp 100% no doubt not from thinking about it - doing it.

My burner is better than commercial. At least all that I've seen except for Chinese who really do go large.

Its funny really I was listening to chewies disco last night. I really like track 3. The thing that struck me is that chewytikka must produce top notch dishes yet on very low heat 3.5 kW. I don't doubt it at all.

Cooking at high heat is just different. Its a difference I can't live without. You just have to go on what meets your need.

We just need to keep in mind others needs are different.  Rsholme123 is real good example he has tasted my offering and has no intent to get a burner. I don't see a problem - his curries are very good - just different to mine

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 08:36 PM »
Forgot to add - I said acrabat was "sort" of right. He is for sure. I know the food from my local restaurant. I eatin and take out to suit the mood. The curry is exactly the same. I enjoy eatin a whole lot more.

This is where Acrabat is spot on. It may be the music, the aroma for me certainly not smell. It could even be the bottled cobra is colder And the restaurant warmer.

The aroma is strong for sure. Does have a link to BIR - for me it does ie no aroma no BIR. It's just a personal view but nothing to do with the last 5 or even 3 %. Salt was one of the hardest jigsaw pieces for me to crack. What I'm saying its easy to overlook the obvious due to pre conceived upbringing (for me low salt)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 09:06 PM »
Think about it
There is a reason
You are talking about perhaps a hundred curries a night, using all this extra gas

The reason they do it like that is precisely the reason that you stated....they need to get the curries onto the tables, or into the tubs, quickly. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to use the same method to achieve the same results.

Offline RingStinger

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 09:20 PM »
I tell you people, you should take a step back and have a look at the stuff you post on these forums,  The place is an amazing resource, but the behavior of the participants is frankly strange.  Lots of bad language, showing each other no respect  :(  What's it all about guys?

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 09:27 PM »
Lots of bad language, showing each other no respect  :(  What's it all about guys?

I delete any bad language I become aware of. It can be reported to moderators using the buttons provided.

If you don't like the mood here, perhaps try one of the other curry related forums, but be warned that they are run more like a Police state.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 09:50 PM »
I tell you people, you should take a step back and have a look at the stuff you post on these forums,  The place is an amazing resource, but the behaviour of the participants is frankly strange.  Lots of bad language, showing each other no respect  :(  What's it all about guys?

Well, given your own choice of user-ID ("RingStinger", where "ring" is street-slang for "anus"), are you certain that you are really in a position to pass judgement on the language of others ?

** Phil.

Offline RingStinger

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2014, 10:03 PM »
Wow Phil!!  That is very aggressive.  I'll change my name if you like-it was a joke  :(

But the whole forum is very unwelcoming from an outsider looking in... Sooo.  Thanks for the recipes guys-particularly Blade's Tikka-though I think that was his one and only contribution.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 10:10 PM »
Think about it
There is a reason

The reason they do it like that is precisely the reason that you stated....they need to get the curries onto the tables, or into the tubs, quickly. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to use the same method to achieve the same results.

Garp, that's just the point though. You are exactly right that the huge flames are used to cook the curries as fast as possible...hopefully there's no-one here dim enough to dispute that.

But who's to say that that isn't a 'curry secret', whether intentional or not?

Do you see what I mean? They use high heat as a necessity of the fast food trade but unwittingly produce a unique flavour as a corollary.

©2024 Curry Recipes