Author Topic: Chicken Rajeshwari? Possibly just a version of garlic chilly chicken  (Read 7320 times)

Offline merylvingien

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Hi folks, newbie here, joined a while ago but had a few disasters so focused on tapas instead.
Anyway, ready to retry indian cooking with a vengance.

My local indian (who i cannot go back to as the service is appaling due to one waiter) made the best curry i have tasted, it was seriously good.

Quite a bit of tomato in the sauce, lots of fine sliced garlic, chopped green chilly and finely cut chicken tikka.

There was a bit of fine sliced onion in it, but not as much as say a pathia.

They called it chicken rajeshwari, but i am wondering if its just a variation of a garlic chilly chicken, although it was 10 times better than the garlic chilly chicken at the local i now use.

Thoughts?

P.s i live near andover  hampshire so you could look this up on their website.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Rajeshwari? Possibly just a version of garlic chilly chicken
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 05:40 PM »
From some of the descriptions it sounds like a Jalfrezi but with a lot more garlic added and onions are already pre-fried before adding to the dish, well on some menus. Some have the chicken marinated in a chutney then cooked. Also butter is added on some menus.
Where did you get the dish from?

Offline merylvingien

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Rajeshwari? Possibly just a version of garlic chilly chicken
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
Def not jalfrezi, as thats one of my normal take aways.

The take away is called the curry leaf in andover. The dish can be found in the chef specials.

©2024 Curry Recipes