Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: I've turned vegan. Can I still expect to make good tasting curries?  (Read 2354 times)

Offline chonk

• Head Chef
  • Popularity: +0/-0
Re: I've turned vegan. Can I still expect to make good tasting curries?
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 12:07 AM »
This question is pure gold ;D

Indian food is probably the most amazing vegetarian/vegan cuisine out there, right?  :)

Good friend of mine recommends to check out the "Lotus and the Artichoke" series. The title "India: A Culinary Love Story With Over 90 Vegan Recipes" will come out in a few days. It's by Justin P. Moore, who travels around the world and comes up with his own modern vegan recipes based on these experiences. Other titles include Mexico, Sri Lanka and Malaysia so far. Some recipes:

http://www.lotusartichoke.com/recipes/ and especially the indian ones - http://www.lotusartichoke.com/recipes/indian/

Looks quite promising I think  :)

Cheers!

Online Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 10:05 PM »
Nice looking recipes there chonk cheers for posting.
KING 810

Offline tempest63

• Indian Master Chef
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 06:06 AM »
I cook up loads of curries made from pulses and vegetables and whilst I could never see myself going vegetarian, let alone Vegan, my wife and I do enjoy a vegetarian curry on a regular basis.
When I go mad and have the family around for curry nights my missus is always hopeful that the veg and lentil/bean sides have a little leftover as she happily pots these up and takes them into work for lunch during the following week.
T63

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: