Author Topic: Basic but tasty pakistan style chicken curry  (Read 1200 times)

Offline adamchiv

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Basic but tasty pakistan style chicken curry
« on: January 25, 2015, 01:03 AM »
Hi everyone i am new to this forum, firstly thanks i have already made some great curries from the posts, hats off to jb for the great base sauce!

So this is my first recipe a simple but very fresh pakistan style curry i learned from several different chefs and made my own way over time..... hope u enjoy!

Ingredients:

4 chicken thighs or about 500g diced chicken
2-3 chefs spoons vegetable oil
4 white onions very finely sliced
1 chef spoon ginger garlic puree
2 medium tomatoes deseeded and blended with 1 tsp of tomato puree
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala (no more than 3/4)
1 tbs chopped coriander leaf

Heat the oil to a high heat and fry the onions until they start to brown around the edges, stir them regularly so they dont stick

add the chicken thighs and brown on all sides (the stock from the chicken will be delicious)

Add the chilli and turmeric powder and salt (dont forget) and turn down to a medium heat (dont burn the powders) keep stirring and cook for 1-2 mins

Add the ginger garlic puree and stir it through for 2 minutes

Now add the pureed tomatoes, cumin and garam masala, and stir in, should be bubbling away nicely after a few minutes.

Add the coriander leaves and about 1/4 cup of water, cover and turn down to a gentle heat and cook until the chicken is cooked

This is very nice with chappatis and basmati rice, it works very well with lamb too

hope you enjoy  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes