Author Topic: Spice drawer  (Read 8322 times)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Spice drawer
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 11:12 PM »
I have a 3 shelf cupboard full of spices, half a bottom cupboard full of rice and oils, blenders . Top shelf in the fridge which contains sauces, pickles etc, which has now taken over half the next shelf with chilli sauces. In the freezer I have the bottom drawer which contains base gravy, blended ginger and garlic, naan dough, blended toms , blended chilli. And in the drawer above that just contains chillies.

The wife isn't too happy though as the box room has been taken over by a chilli grow !

Its a good job she loves curry and all things hot and spicy nearly as much as me  :)

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 05:26 PM »
It's getting very competitive this spice drawer/cubard business! Lol

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 12:00 AM »
The relatively small spice containers look very neat and tidy but what does everyone do with what's left of the spices, presumably sourced in packets or bags? Where do you keep them, and how easy is it to find them when needed to top-up the small containers?

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 08:55 AM »
I keep the rest of mine in a catering size mayo tub which has a good snap on lid. Bags are secured with elastic bands.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 10:19 AM »
As a messy anal retentive with undertones of obsessive compulsive disorder I have chosen to keep my spices in different sized containers, from different suppliers and manufacturers. They also have different shapes which don't stack properly and are either too big or too small for my cupboards and drawers and usually have oddly coloured lids.  This of course keeps me completely and perpetually in a state of utter confusion and often requiring medication.  Well that is my excuse anyway.

These photographs are going to permit my analyst to have a very nice holiday this year.

George, my leftovers are neatly rolled up in the plastic bag with a rubber band and put into the spice crypt, never to be spoken of again. Once every decade or so I take a look in there and make a big mixed masala of unknown culinary usefulness and throw it away. But, nothing less than the 10 year limit is wasted. :o

My daughter gave me a label maker for Christmas but I cant take it out of the box till I find a container to put it in.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 10:40 AM »
 ;D

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 09:30 PM »
I keep the rest of mine in a catering size mayo tub which has a good snap on lid. Bags are secured with elastic bands.

I keep mine in large plastic box in a large cubard easy to gain access to them and because the jars don't want topping up all at the same time it works out ok for me
Ps the spice bags have elastic band around them

©2024 Curry Recipes