Author Topic: Slow cooker curry recipe ideally lamb?  (Read 2094 times)

Offline solan goose

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Slow cooker curry recipe ideally lamb?
« on: May 12, 2015, 05:46 PM »
I have a large electric slow cooker and would love to find a great richly spicy and also quite hot lamb curry recipe. Ideally something quite easy where I can just chuck all the ingredients in,  if there is such a thing! I don't mind how many ingredients are in it and what they are.  I usually have chicken curries as I don't like fatty meat,  but you can't beat the taste of lamb in a curry.  I was thinking of buying a lean cut of lamb and dicing it.  Slow cooker appeals as the meat will fall apart and not be tough,  which is what I prefer. I also like the idea of cooking all the flavours for several hours.  The only lamb curry slow cooker recipe I have seen is a Jamie Oliver one and many of the reviews say it's disgusting and inedible!

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Slow cooker curry recipe ideally lamb?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:55 PM »
I do have various recipe that are suited to slow cooking in a slow cooker or casserole dish using lamb
It's something I've been doing for a number of years it involves using pataks curry pastes, fresh curry leaves,
Crispy fried onions and various whole spices etc
I'm going to be putting a video together very soon
So keep an eye out for the videos.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Slow cooker curry recipe ideally lamb?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 10:41 PM »
Search for any Lamb Rogan Josh and reduce liquid quantities a bit.  Addition of a good paste to your liking will lift the end product.  It wont be a matter of just throwing it all in though, as you will need to pre-fry onions, ginger and garlic and pre-cook the lamb at least partially to develop depth of flavour. The same thing as browning the meat off before you make a stew or casserole.  Many recipes can be adapted to make a slow-cooker version.  Even the Staff Curry Lamb shanks!!! ;)

PM sent.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:52 PM by livo »

©2024 Curry Recipes