Author Topic: Indian Take Aways, Comments and photos.  (Read 2973 times)

littlechilie

Indian Take Aways, Comments and photos.
« on: July 18, 2015, 09:43 PM »
Been away for a couple of weeks, break from cooking and work, this has given me a chance to fully explore a few BIR on my travels.

I found a great little restaurant were the chef owner was happy to openly chat with me about cooking, he also offered to feed me the vegetable staff curry of the day! I was most grateful for the time and discussions we had about British indian and his mothers home cooking.

Here is a photo of the veg staff curry it's cooked in mild light cream coconut sauce, with hints of curry leaf, whole black pepper and spice. Truly wonderful veg dish!

}

Here is a photo of my order, the vindaloo was totally outstanding with the lip burning, sweat and heat MA has been discussing.
But after discussion the chef dose not use mix powder for the currys like us,  the Vindaloo is topped with fresh sliced ginger, coriander and fresh tomato.

Chicken Tikka and the Chicken in my vindaloo were melt in the mouth soft, just perfect.
Naan bread as I'm finding on most of my travels was not up to my home standards.

}

}

}

Please enjoy the inspirational images, I will update with some more of the places I have visited soon, please I can't share these recipes, but hope my comments can guide your imagination to positive home cooking.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Take Aways, Comments and photos.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 07:21 AM »
Nice report lc , its a while since I had a take away, the last couple have been average.
No "secrets" to share ?  :)

littlechilie

Re: Indian Take Aways, Comments and photos.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 07:41 AM »
Hi Andy, the fresh ginger and fresh tomato I really liked from the restaurant, it's  so refreshing to find these little differences.
I was very interested in reading your thread on chilli powder, the chef here told me he'd not using Kashmiri chilli powder in the Vindaloo, but that it's as we know great for colour.
From the flavour and heat I would say it's just chilli powder, I have been to a few BIR's this week this was the best being rich in authentic flavour and smell, with little oil compared to other establishments.
It was also the cheapest as all the food here came to
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:55 AM by littlechilie »

©2024 Curry Recipes