• February 23, 2019, 03:46 PM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

* RGBD

Author Topic: The Glasgow Indian Takeaway Recipe Book by Alex Wilkie  (Read 9160 times)

Offline Panpot

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Spice God
The Glasgow Indian Takeaway Recipe Book by Alex Wilkie
« on: September 13, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Hi been a good few years since I was on the site. Delighted to see it still going strong. I put a good 30 years into searching for the Glasgow Curry taste and between this wonderful place and my visit to the Ashoka and the recipes I gathered there (posted on here)I found it. The secrets I Found were the bunjarra and the fried garlic ginger paste with turmeric. These added the moorish thing that was missing in all other attempts. So I had no need to return and just got on with it. Now out of curiosity I came on today and found the Glasgow base which I have made and it tastes rather nice so hopefull of it blending in well. I have attempted to find the eBook by Alex Wilkie to add to my collection but can't find it anywhere. Can anyone help? I will be most grateful. Keep up the great work one and all, thanks

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
  • Who Cares Who Wins...
Re: The Glasgow Indian Takeaway Recipe Book by Alex Wilkie
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 06:35 PM »
Nice to see you're back here, Panpot! :)

I, for one, still rate your Ashoka recipes and your Jaipuri, along with the G/G paste and bunjarra, are still very much regulars in this house.

Can't help you with the ebook, sadly. Alex seems to go by a variety of aliases and he's put a lot of his recipes up on this forum and on YouTube. There may be a link to his ebook on YouTube.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • A closed mind is a would-be chef's worse enemy.
    • The Westberry Hotel & Restaurant
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 06:52 PM »
Welcome back, PP -- you have been much missed.  Regarding Alex Wilkie's e-book, I am informed by "sources close to the author" that "You can get the current PDF version directly from Martin (whynot) for £2.50 via PayPal. He can be contacted using the following address: [email protected]".

** Phil.
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message is inversely proportional to the number of emoticons that it contains..

Offline Invisible Mike

• Indian Master Chef
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 07:49 PM »
Hi Panpot

Can you please elaborate on the g&g with turmeric thing? How much turmeric to g&g and when to add it etc..

Thanks

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 10:22 PM »
Ive sent Alex a message to come on here and make contact with you PP

best, Rich
Founder / Worked at Curry-Nights taking bir ready meals to 247 supermarket stores Internationally and Nationwide.

Offline Panpot

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Spice God
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 09:36 AM »
Thanks for the kind welcome. Mushroom Mike the recipe is on here somewhere I presume. Come back to me if you can find it.

Online DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master

Offline Invisible Mike

• Indian Master Chef
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2015, 10:20 AM »
Cheers. I'll try this.

Offline leodis1970

• Trainee Chef
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 11:51 AM »
Received my copy of the book this morning. Only had a quick glance, but looks very interesting with a lot of techniques that make sense. Got high hopes - can't wait to try some this weekend :)

Offline gazman1976

• Spice God
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 01:41 PM »
The book is fantastic, it produces a very good Glasgow curry, the base is basic and very easy to make, just follow the recipes to the letter and you cannot go wrong

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: