Author Topic: Bolton cheats base.  (Read 10345 times)

Offline petespot

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Bolton cheats base.
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 12:26 AM »
Thanks for the info. The wife is already going berserk ! I have claimed a drawer in the freezer already. Plus a liquidiser (stained yellow now ). Stunk the house out of garlic and onions. I bought a lot of spices etc. from ASDA (where I work) so 10per cent discount. I have also been to P K foods on Blackburn Rd. loads of bulk bags of spices, cooking pots etc. etc. Anybody else been there ?

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 07:23 AM »
The wife is already going berserk ! I have claimed a drawer in the freezer already.

Ha the addiction has begun, freezer drawers, seperate cupboard for spices etc, seperate cupboard for blenders, grinders etc , slowly you will take over the kitchen.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2016, 09:19 AM »
The wife is already going berserk ! I have claimed a drawer in the freezer already.

Ha the addiction has begun, freezer drawers, seperate cupboard for spices etc, seperate cupboard for blenders, grinders etc , slowly you will take over the kitchen.

Too true! :)

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 07:52 PM »
You're in the right part of the world petespot to tap into asian 'secrets' - but if my neighbours (Blackburn born Pakistani) food output tastewise is anything to go by - some of them are not worth knowing - apart from her samosas.  A meal with them is a bit like English food that is 'spiced up' - not something you would welcome served up in a restaurant. 

I took them to a brilliant Nepalese one night ( Jai Kathmandu, Northenden) [ OK, I know they're Pakistani and Nepalese don't 'get on' - how I hate the tribal politics game].  They weren't exactly enthusiastic - merely saying it was 'certainly different'.

©2024 Curry Recipes