Author Topic: I am now curry blind !  (Read 6063 times)

Offline petespot

• Chef
    • View Profile
I am now curry blind !
« on: February 05, 2016, 12:49 AM »
 I am now curry blind ! I have tried that many curries, (madras) that I do not know what to try next. Here are a few I have tried, both base and madras, Julian Voigt, Darth Phall, Chewy Tikka and this one http://www.currytastic.com/best-chicken-madras-recipe-ever/ which for the amount of effort I found quite good.
 I really enjoyed all of the recipes, however, what recipe is the Holy Grail of curries ? Surely there is a curry that is stupendous, I do not care how many ingredients are in it or how long it takes to make, I am after creating the best ever curry !

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: I am now curry blind !
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 06:13 AM »
My favourite as to be a hot,sweet and sour dansak it never fails me and i am sure with a bit of trial and error it could taste even better.
half a cup of lentils are boiled with a teaspoon each of turmeric,salt and paprika,once the lentils are cooked top with a fried tarka made from 1 tsp chopped garlic and 1 tsp of cumin seed,stir it in and leave to cool.

i prepare the final dish as you would any other,fry gg paste add a tsp of chopped red and green chilli, a pinch of chilli flakes and 1/2 a tsp of kashmiri chilli powder and a pinch of fenugreek leaf,add mixed powder diluted tomato puree and a desert spoon of lemon juice,once you have got your first ladle of base cooking put in the desired amount of your pre cooked lentils reduce for a few minuets then add however much more base you will need along with a few chunks of pineapple with a tblsp of the juice,now add sugar to taste,add a chefs spoon of pre cooked onions, pre cooked green pepper and chicken tikka,towards the end of cooking had a few slices of tomato cooked long enough to warm through then stir in 1/2 a tsp of paprika and a 1/4 tsp of garam masalla cook for 2 minutes longer,garnish with coriander herb.

I am useless at writing recipes but you can not seem to go wrong with this one,if i have guests coming around i always have this on the ready in case of a disaster.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:29 AM by madpower »

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 07:32 AM »
Thanks for the recipe madpower. You should post it in the recipes section.

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 08:14 AM »
cheers sverige,of course i should,i am not used to posting recipes but i will give it my best shot.

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 02:55 PM »
I am now curry blind ! I have tried that many curries, (madras) that I do not know what to try next. Here are a few I have tried, both base and madras, Julian Voigt, Darth Phall, Chewy Tikka and this one http://www.currytastic.com/best-chicken-madras-recipe-ever/ which for the amount of effort I found quite good.
 I really enjoyed all of the recipes, however, what recipe is the Holy Grail of curries ? Surely there is a curry that is stupendous, I do not care how many ingredients are in it or how long it takes to make, I am after creating the best ever curry !

Try this Pete I just keep making this I sometimes replace the cream with 3 x TBSP of coconut powder mixed with a cup of water to form a paste , see my post in the photo section titled Butter Chicken my version. It's definitely one of my favourites. If you do make it you may want to cut back on the Chilli Powder, I would recommend 3/4 of a teaspoon obviously depending how hot you like it.

CAB.

http://maunikagowardhan.co.uk/cook-in-a-curry/butter-chicken-murgh-makhani-chicken-cooked-in-a-spiced-tomato-gravy/

©2024 Curry Recipes