Author Topic: Unknown curry  (Read 943 times)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Unknown curry
« on: June 04, 2016, 10:51 PM »
I conducted an experiment today of combining the ingredients of two different curries. Below is a rough list of the ingredients. All measurements are with measuring spoons.

2 TBS veg oil, 1 tsp G/G paste, 1 TBS diluted tomato puree, pinch of methi leaves, 1 htsp mix powder,
1/2 heaped tsp deggi mirch, 1/2 heaped tsp kashmiri mirch, 1/4 tsp salt, approx 350ml base sauce, portion of precooked chicken (chicken tikka would also work), squirt lime juice, 1 heaped tsp sugar, 1 heaped tsp jaggery (I use shakkar), 2 tsp coconut powder, 1 tsp ground almond, 1/2 small onion quartered, handful of finely chopped coriander, 1/4 yellow and green peppers, 1 small ripe tomato, 2 TBS masala sauce, Evaporated milk (to taste)

Precook the onions and peppers. Remove from pan. Add veg oil on a medium heat then fry the G/G paste, add tomato puree and methi leaves then when the sizzle dies down add mix powder, deggi mirch, kashmiri mirch and salt. Roast the spices then add 3/4 ladle of base, mix well. Add the coconut and almond powder. Increase the heat and boil until dissolved. Add precooked chicken, lime juice, sugar and jaggery and mix well. Add more base, masala sauce and coriander and mix well. Allow to reduce then add the remaing base and precooked veg along with 3-4 slices of fresh tomato. Wait for the oil to separate, reduce heat and add the evaporated milk, allow this to simmer until the desired consistency is reached. Serve with rice and/or naan.

Having made this I really enjoyed it and will be making it again but I have no idea what it would be called so please any advice would be most welcome.

Rob

©2024 Curry Recipes