Author Topic: MushroomMike Vindaloo Recipe  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Invisible Mike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
MushroomMike Vindaloo Recipe
« on: July 04, 2016, 11:56 AM »

Mushroom Mike Chicken Vindaloo

1 chefspoon Seasoned Oil
1 tsp Garlic & Ginger Paste
1 1/2 tsp Mix Powder
1 level tsp Methi
1 tbsp Extra Hot Chilli Powder
1 tsp Tomato Paste (mixed with approx. 1-2 tbsp of water)
6 pieces Glasgow Pre-Cooked Chicken plus some sauce
Juice of 1/3 of a Lime
3rd tsp Ground Cardamom Seed
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
250-300ml Garabi
1 tbsp Chopped Coriander

Method

Start off with a chefspoon of the oil skimmed off the top of the pre-cooked chicken and gently fry the garlic and ginger followed by the mix powder. Cook well but do not burn.

Add methi, chilli powder, ground cardamom, black pepper, salt and tomato paste and fry gently until the water from the tomato paste has mostly evaporated.

Add the first ladel of Garabi and turn up the heat. Stir in the chicken and a small amount of its cooking sauce.

When reduced by half add the second ladel of base. Stir in half of the coriander and squeeze in the lime juice.

Now cook rapidly until the sauce is at the consistency you desire.

Serve and garnish with remaining coriander.

Ok confession time, this recipe had its similarities with one or two other vindaloo recipes you may have seen but this is my simplified version. In conjunction with my takeaway replica base this has now become my go-to curry. Absolutely superb moreish flavour. Please give it a whirl!

Notes:

The ground cardamom seed contains no husk. I remove the seeds from whole cardamoms and whizz them up in the electric spice grinder with the black pepper. Use only the freshest cardamoms as stale ones have no flavour!

The mix powder I am currently using is the IFFU recipe but I'm sure any decent version will give equally good results.

©2024 Curry Recipes