Author Topic: Hello from The East Midlands  (Read 5476 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from The East Midlands
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 11:06 AM »
Dear Ian -- My good friend George is clearly having a Very Bad Day [

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 11:48 AM »
 :-X

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 12:05 PM »
Dear Ian -- My good friend George is clearly having a Very Bad Day [
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:10 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 04:17 PM »
Phil - why then is it OK for numerous people (****) on this forum to attack me, individually or as a clique/pack, but not OK for me to say whatever I like?

Ian J is most welcome. I didn't even know he'd left. If he's so thin-skinned as to be put off by a few harmless comments from me, then I don't know what to say.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Phil - why then is it OK for numerous people (****) on this forum to attack me, individually or as a clique/pack
It is not.  And when I see such an attack, I use the "report to moderator" button.  I did not do so with your post because I know you personally, and I felt able to challenge your words in open forum; for people whom I have never met, I use "report to moderator" in order to avoid getting into an unseemly on-forum argument.

but not OK for me to say whatever I like?
Please see above.  It is not right for others to launch personal attacks on you, and it is not right for you to launch personal attacks on others.  Arguments (in the debating sense) are valid targets for attack; people are not.

Ian J is most welcome. I didn't even know he'd left. If he's so thin-skinned as to be put off by a few harmless comments from me, then I don't know what to say.
They may have been /meant/ as harmless, George, but they didn't come over as such, and you most certainly did not try to make Ian feel welcome.   Ian, who has not been here for seven years and was therefore clearly not around at the time the site changed its domain name, failed to recognise it as CR0, risen like the phoenix from its own funeral ashes.  That doesn't make him thick, or stupid  -- he just failed to see something that was obvious to you and I, because we were around at the time, but would not necessarily be obvious to /anyone/ who has not been here for seven years.

** Phil.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 05:48 PM »
Ian J welcome to the forum, there's lots of curry making talent amongst the membership. It has indeed been quiet of late but I think that's because we've reached a bit of a critical mass in terms of nailing many curry house favourites, so we are now going forward in smaller increments these days.

©2024 Curry Recipes