Author Topic: Hello from The Netherlands  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Arnooos

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hello from The Netherlands
« on: July 08, 2016, 10:24 AM »
Hey there.

A quick introduction of myself over here.
My name is Arno, am 32 years old and live in The Netherlands.
Have no kids but a wonderful girlfriend in my life since 1,5 years.
I'm working as a planner in logistics and arrange for an International customer shipment all over the world for Dutyfree locations (airports, diplomats, armies, ports/vessels etc. etc.).
A challenging job with no day the same and a lot of fixing issues.

Hence one of the reasons I started to enjoy cooking and truly enjoy both food preparations and basically eating healthy, balanced and delicious dishes. It takes a lot of stress out of my job at the end of the day or workweek(that and boxing...). I've always had a preference for overseas cuisines, being a son of a Marine, my dad introduced me at a young age to all kind of types of cuisines. From Oriental to Mediterranean to Latin-American and Caribbean cuisines. I've inherited his "touch" for using herbs in meals and his guts to experiment and to be honest, just watching him cook made me learn so much about flavors and spices.
Am truly disgusted by the traditional Dutch cuisine, hence I basically only cook foreign food.
Mostly Italian, Indonesian, Surinam and Arabic food. Hence I eat a lot of rice, pasta's and Bulgur combined with veggies and meat. And try to fusion cook a lot with different influences from different flavors around the world. My preference is a dish with a balance in different spices and most preferred hot food(peppers, sambal, madame jeanette mostly).

On my many travels I've come across a lot of Indian restaurants and just loved them all!
My first Indian dish was a vindaloo and was hooked from the first bite!
Funny to say, but I've never actually tried to make a curry besides 2 tries last two months.
So still got a lot to learn of making base curries and all the riches of the Indian cuisine!

Offline Zibahimra

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 06:31 AM »
I do not want the best for this moment gone, it's sad.

©2024 Curry Recipes