• February 19, 2018, 09:57 PM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Dine In Lust - Feltham  (Read 601 times)

Online redman1212

• Chef
Dine In Lust - Feltham
« on: September 01, 2016, 02:06 PM »
I was recently on a training course near Heathrow and fancied a ruby but couldn't be bothered to travel into London or even drive (traffic generally appalling). I wandered the streets and the only place I came across was 'Dine In Lust'. Maybe the name should have alerted me, it seems an odd name for a curry house. Still, it was getting late on a Thursday evening so I went in - the place was empty (not a good sign). I placed my usual order - onion bhajis and a chicken madras to be told that they had run out of onion bhajis and they wouldn't be cooking another batch until Friday. Soooo... all freshly cooked then.... Even if refried how can a restaurant run out of OB's - it is surely a staple starter. Its the curry that really sticks in my mind. When it arrived I noticed a pool of liquid coming out of the sauce which had the taste and consistency of a can of chopped tomatoes with added chilli powder, really grim. I would have preferred a jar of shop bought curry sauce.

As I don't live around there I won't be going back

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • A closed mind is a would-be chef's worse enemy.
    • The Westberry Hotel & Restaurant
Re: Dine In Lust - Feltham
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 02:28 PM »
Did you remember to throw up before leaving ?!
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message is inversely proportional to the number of emoticons that it contains..

Online redman1212

• Chef
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 10:44 AM »
LOL  ;D

At nearly ?25 for curry, samosa a pint I thought I'd better try to hang onto it

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • A closed mind is a would-be chef's worse enemy.
    • The Westberry Hotel & Restaurant
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 11:27 AM »
Yes, better to suffer than to waste £25 !

P.S.  I have just read what they say about themselves :

In an interior designed to conveyance the senses to a heaven of relaxation and indulgence, wood architecture ties the knot with the attention to detail service, wine list and unshowy luxury of space all conform to austerely warm & relaxing full of character with matching food that is as deeply considered as you’ll find anywhere.

I don't think I'll bother :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:05 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message is inversely proportional to the number of emoticons that it contains..

Offline mickdabass

• Spice God
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 05:16 PM »

In an interior designed to conveyance the senses to a heaven of relaxation and indulgence, wood architecture ties the knot with the attention to detail service, wine list and unshowy luxury of space all conform to austerely warm & relaxing full of character with matching food that is as deeply considered as you’ll find anywhere.

Ive read Spam emails that /make more sense/are probably tastier  ;D

Online redman1212

• Chef
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 10:31 AM »
I hadn't read that, its LOL funny  ;D

Offline Ghoulie

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Indian Master Chef
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 03:36 PM »
Your comments on the Madras curry sauce reminded me of the pathetic Madras curry attempt at Essence Altrincham.  Must be the latest lazy BIR chefs fad - put some spice in a tomato ketchup sauce - they won't notice !
nil carborundum illegitimi

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: