Author Topic: Spicewell's  (Read 5244 times)

Offline Spicewells

• Chef
    • View Profile
Spicewell's
« on: September 20, 2016, 03:59 PM »
(Hope this is OK Phill?!)

I'd like to introduce you all to our little cottage industry. My wife and I produce herb and spice blends which we offer online and at Farmers' Markets down here in Devon. You'll find a reasonable range and decent prices; hopefully some blends and ingredients that'll help your BIR adventures along.

We're up for offering a discount to those on the Curry Recipes board (something to sort with you Phil?).  If you do visit us your experienced feedback would be very much appreciated!

Cheers, Steve at http://spicewells.co.uk/

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Spicewell's
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 05:19 PM »
Nowt to do with me, Steve.  Stew is the boss here.  But as far as I'm concerned, an honest post that doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is (a promotion for a business) should be fine.  Good luck, and let me know if you expand into Cornwall -- my wife owns a hotel there, and as the cuisine includes Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese and Malay, spice blends may well be of interest.

** Phil.

Offline Spicewells

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Nowt to do with me, Steve.  Stew is the boss here.  But as far as I'm concerned, an honest post that doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is (a promotion for a business) should be fine.  Good luck, and let me know if you expand into Cornwall -- my wife owns a hotel there, and as the cuisine includes Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese and Malay, spice blends may well be of interest.

** Phil.
[/color]

Cheers Phil, I'll have to drop a line on Stew.  I think we could do a 10% discount straight away and if it goes well perhaps increase it.  I've put a collection together on the site ( http://spicewells.co.uk/collections/british-indian-restaurant-bir ). If members let us know if there's anything missing well do what we can to round out the perfect BIR collection.

If anyone wants a discount please just leave a comment here and we'll get it sorted.

Have you wife take a look Phil, if there's anything she'd like to try please email us.

Best, Steve at Spicewell's

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 07:31 PM »
Thanks, Steve.  I took a quick look at the selection, and I have one comment and one question.

Comment :  the bay leaves are not Indian bay.  European bay is so different that it cannot be used as a substitute.

Question :  you list both "Cinnamon Sticks

Offline Spicewells

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 11:23 AM »
Hi Phil,

I've spoken to a couple of our suppliers this morning; Indian Bay will be on the menu within a couple of weeks.

Regarding our quills, that's the same photo for each as from the top down there's no discernable difference between sticks. 3" and 6" are both cinnamon rather than cassia. I've also noticed the price was wrong, that is now lower.

Keep the feedback coming, ideas on hard to get ingredients are welcome and we'd love to be able to publish some quality curry recipes if anyone wants to share?!

Great stuff, thanks for taking a look Phil.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 12:23 PM »
Thanks, Steve.  And two other suggestions, if I may ?

1) Unadulterated asafoetida resin (pure)
2) Genuine Kashmiri chillies, both whole and ground.

** Phil.

Offline Spicewells

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 02:31 PM »
Hi Phil,

Asafoetida has been fun for us; we had a supplier but received a poor batch and an 'oh well' response, so they are gone.  The blend we have (no flours or fillers) has been going well but we'll renew efforts for a dependable resin source.

Our ground Kashmiri we're really pleased with and now have whole dried peppers in stock - they will get published to site this week.

We've just put a sampler pack together so anyone can try some key ingredients without having to buy full packs.  As always, feedback appreciated! http://spicewells.co.uk/products/bir-sampler

Cheers, Steve at Spicewell's

Offline Spicewells

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Spicewell's (10% Off)
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Hi All,

Got you a little somethin' - save 10% off any order with the code 'CURRYrecipes'. These forum posts last years so FYI it will expire at some point!

Anything you need drop us line: info@spicewells.co.uk

Cheers!

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 09:46 AM »
Steve,

Welcome to the discussion board.

I have no issue with you promoting your business and i wish you every success.
Curry-Recipes probably need a good endorsed spice supplier for all our members to use.

Stew - I have sent you a PM as well.

Offline Spicewells

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 12:38 AM »
Steve,

Welcome to the discussion board.

I have no issue with you promoting your business and i wish you every success.
Curry-Recipes probably need a good endorsed spice supplier for all our members to use.

Stew - I have sent you a PM as well.

We'd love to fill the roll!  We'll do what we can to 'bring it to the table' - Phil has given us some good input which we're in the process of sorting. We've put a BIR ingredients collection together on the site and a 10% discount (a starting point, perhaps we can do the odd competition with you guys, volume discounts - whatever works).

Everyone welcome to throw ideas and feedback into the pot!

PS. love the new design!

©2024 Curry Recipes