Author Topic: Pizza dough  (Read 23681 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza dough
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Just to say, Sverige, that the pizzas were spot on again bud. Excellent base :)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Glad to hear you're still having good success Garp. My enthusiasm for Pizza died a bit, but today I revived it with a kebab pizza (which is quite a thing where I live). Using Rich's doner kebab in a tin recipe and some red and white kebab sauce recipes from YouTube. It really came out well...

The basic pizza is a magherita, then you just top with salad, kebab meat and red (chilli) and white sauce (garlic).

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2018, 09:11 PM »
I need to start cranking some pizzas out now the weather is picking up a bit. They look nice Sv. Place near to me used to do a nice doner pizza with extra garlic sauce. Not to salty which is my main grief with doner meat.  :-\

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2018, 08:04 AM »
...and some red and white kebab sauce recipes from YouTube...

Pizza looks good, Sverige! Do you rate the red and white sauce recipes? Can you post the links, please?

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2018, 01:17 PM »
The sauce recipes are below. They were ok as a starting point but I'll continue to tweak them each time I make them, as I thought the red sauce was still a bit sharp with the tomato flavour dominating too much and the white sauce had too much garlic (I got a complaint from my other half on that...).  Like any recipe I guess it takes repetition to refine and improve it.  Having said that, they did work pretty well on the pizza as the kebab meat and pizza base need strong flavours to compliment them.

Red sauce (makes enough for 5-6 pizzas)

400g crushed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 red chillies de-seeded
2/3 lvl tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 heaped dessertspoon tomato pur

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2018, 09:01 AM »
The sauce recipes are below....

Just the job, thanks! I'll give them a bash.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2018, 12:03 AM »
Here's an interesting piece that defines how to make a good neapolitan pizza, one of my faves. I cant get the oven temp at home but all the other info is useful

Ed

I love the detail in the prescribed conditions for this simple pizza.  It reminds me of the rules for making a baguette. I'll have to lift my game here as I usually include a splash of Olive Oil in my base which is apparently NOT ALLOWED. This will be on the to eat soon list. 

There are some pretty good pizza pictures here and they make me hungry.   Sverige, I have never come across Turkish Kebab inspired fusion pizza but I'm keen to give your idea a go.  The sauce recipes look good. 

Dominoes out here are currently running a New Yorker pizza promotion, selling big 16" floppy pizza that you can fold the individual slices.  https://newyorker.dominos.com.au/

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2018, 06:42 PM »
Hadn't made it for a while so got a batch of dough on the go yesterday. Cracking base as always :)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2018, 10:56 AM »
Nice looking pizza there Garp. Is that a ventilated dish with perforations?  What time and temp are you cooking at?

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2018, 01:52 PM »
Hadn't made it for a while so got a batch of dough on the go yesterday. Cracking base as always :)

I dont use any other. Top Notch Svierge, and thanks again

Regards

Mick

©2024 Curry Recipes