Author Topic: Chciken Tikka Jalfrezi, Chicken Bhuna and Vindaloo, Mushroom Bhaji  (Read 4077 times)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
I made a new batch of base at the weekend using 4 medium sized onions. I'm still only using Turmeric as a ground spice and I'm getting some really good results with it. It gave me enough for about 8 curries. I froze 6 portions and used the rest to make these 4 dishes.

Base sauce

Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi

Chicken Bhuna

Chicken Vindaloo

Mushroom Bhaji(sorry its out of focus)

All the best

Rob

Offline Bhaji Bob

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hi SoberRat.

I'm amazed that no one has commented on your efforts here, they look very tasty, I have to say.  Is the base really
just onions, garlic and turmeric?  Sounds too simple but if it works why not.  Particularly liked the look of the Jalfrezi and
Bhuna. Could you please tell me which recipes you used for these as I'd really like to have a go at them.

Thanks

Bob.

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Hi soberRat
                      I agree with Bhaji Bob,s comments, the dishes look amazing, Given that they are produced from a base with very little ingredients. Like yourself i am swaying towards your idea of a base sauce with minimal ingredients used purely as a carrier.
 My own personal view is that most base sauces here and elsewhere follow the same format of onions,carrot,cabbage,peppers,coriander etc which i tend to think standardises most dishes.
However your approach of a minimalistic base which can be then be adapted by the addition of spices/ingredients relating purely to that particular dish would appear to produce a more individual end product.
 A similar approach was used by an award winning chef on a recent TV show as mentioned in previous posts,Britain's best takeaway.
Whereby his base appears to use only used onions and selected spices.
  In keeping with Bob's request, recipes would be most welcome, as would any input from members on this approach to a base sauce.

King regards

Offline Nickywelsh

• Chef
    • View Profile
SoberRats curries always look so good!!!

Offline gordybaillie

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chciken Tikka Jalfrezi, Chicken Bhuna and Vindaloo, Mushroom Bhaji
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 08:23 AM »
Hi any links to what the base used here was and so many of the bases are huge quantities and ideally I would like to make enough for around 6 curries?

End results of this look great!

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 02:13 PM »
I will eat her husband and children. :o

;D ;D Got to be the funniest post Ive read all year on cR0... ;D ;D
Happy Xmas to one an all :D :D

cheers ChewyTikka

littlechilie