Author Topic: Eating disorder treatment  (Read 4315 times)

Offline Baly

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Eating disorder treatment
« on: August 10, 2017, 08:01 AM »
Hi, I am making this post with distress and discomfort.
All of my life I have struggled with my weight. My weight keeps on fluctuating. No matter how thin I become, I still think I am obese. I have experimented several diets and has even abused laxatives to remove the waste out of my abdomen so that I look thinner.
Now, I have reached a stage where I consider the mere thought of having food as evil. I barely eat and regret it later. I have the feeling that food is going to make me fat. For the same reason, I try to avoid family parties and any occasions where food is served. I use calorie counters and weight loss calculators every day and this itself is taking too much time.
My sister told that I have got anorexic thoughts, and it is a kind of eating disorder. She asked me to undergo an eating disorder treatment as early as possible in order to avoid further complications.
What do you guys think? Does this sound like an eating disorder of any kind, or is it just disordered eating? I really can't explain how much I am obsessed over this. Please help!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Eating disorder treatment
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:00 AM »
She asked me to undergo an eating disorder treatment as early as possible in order to avoid further complications.  What do you guys think?
I think that if you can afford CAD 150/hour, you can probably afford to ask a professional whether or not you have an eating order rather than pretending to seek advice from a group of people whose sole common interest is Indian food.  Adding a throw-away post about g/g ratio does absolutely nothing to establish your bona fides.
Quote from: Edgewoodhealthnetwork
Our programs vary in cost, depending on the level of intensity. Individual counselling starts at $150.00 per hour, intensive outpatient starts at $5000.00 for a 12-week program and residential options begin at $425.00 per day. Please contact our admissions department for an in-depth look at fees.
** Phil.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Eating disorder treatment
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Best Bet, Go and see a Psychiatrist.

©2024 Curry Recipes