Author Topic: Beef Bhuna, Bengali Style  (Read 2822 times)

Online tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Beef Bhuna, Bengali Style
« on: August 19, 2017, 07:07 AM »
This is by Chef Vivek Singh and can be found on his website along with a number of other great looking dishes to try. I will be making this with ox cheek and will have to play with the cooking times but I reckon two to three hours in a 160C oven. I will make it today and let the flavours develop overnight and serve with a few other dishes for lunch tomorrow.
T63

http://www.viveksingh.co.uk/recipes/

Bhuna is a term you commonly find on restaurant menus. It refers to cooking meat with spices with little or no water added. This requires constant stirring to prevent the spices sticking to the bottom of the pan but the resulting dish is rich and intense in flavour from the caramelisation of the onions and the frying of the spices. I
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:00 AM by tempest63 »

Online tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Beef Bhuna, Bengali Style
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 05:18 AM »
This went down really well with the family but I had to reduce it somewhat before finishing it off in the oven. When I do this again I will drastically reduce the water, possibly adding a little after the tomatoes have turned to pulp.
After reducing I finished this off in a 160C oven for one hour which really softened the ox cheeks.

T63

©2024 Curry Recipes