Author Topic: Are posts page indexed  (Read 1481 times)

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Are posts page indexed
« on: August 29, 2017, 08:05 PM »
Hi Folks
              can anyone advise, i am trying to view all posts as they are created (by date regardless of topic), and then scroll through them in page fashion, Is this possible, if so how can it be done.

Regards Paprika.

To clarify-at present i can only see the last 30 posts, in other forums when you get to the bottom of the posts you have the option of seeing further posts by the selection of page numbers, can it be done here
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:17 PM by pap rika »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Are posts page indexed
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 10:44 PM »
Can anyone advise, i am trying to view all posts as they are created (by date regardless of topic), and then scroll through them in page fashion, Is this possible, if so how can it be done.
Best I can suggest is http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?action=recent; the page numbers are at the top, and not (as far as I can see) at the bottom.
** Phil.

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Cheers Phil
                    Not exactly what I'm looking for. But it helps

Regards Paprika

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 01:43 PM »
Yes, I feared that.  I imagine that what you are looking for is just an index to recent posts, rather than the posts themselves, but so far I have been unable to locate such a feature given the way that this particular board is configured.  Stew (Admin) can of course configure it differently, but that would be solely up to him.

** Phil.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 01:50 PM »
Hi Folks
              can anyone advise, i am trying to view all posts as they are created (by date regardless of topic), and then scroll through them in page fashion, Is this possible, if so how can it be done.

Regards Paprika.

To clarify-at present i can only see the last 30 posts, in other forums when you get to the bottom of the posts you have the option of seeing further posts by the selection of page numbers, can it be done here

No, not a Forum feature

The Admin would have to modify the function list, in SMF - Simple Machines.

Individual members posts ARE indexed from day one, which is a very good feature.

Must have plenty of time on your hands! If you want this mod. :D ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes