Author Topic: Inside a BIR Kitchen  (Read 3565 times)

Offline benmitchell88

• Chef
    • View Profile
Inside a BIR Kitchen
« on: October 19, 2017, 09:47 PM »
A fine gentleman has take upon himself to upload some fascinating footage to YouTube of late... It shows inside many BIR kitchen's he is allowed access to on his travels which to us curry lover's is always gold to be able to see!

The channel is called 'Travels in India, London & the UK'

Take a look.... :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geo-yYVwhzA

Offline Bhaji Bob

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Inside a BIR Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 11:36 PM »
That was an interesting video, lots of 'flambe' going on.  I noticed that there wasn't any gas on under the base gravy and I've often wondered whether it gets added to the frying pan hot or cold and does it make a difference?

Bob

Offline benmitchell88

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 01:01 AM »
Often wondered this myself Bob, I know Dipurajah1 used cold base... It's something I haven't tried personally to be honest but I'm sure there's many on here who have  ;)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:08 AM »
Yes, really good videos. Been watching this guy for a few years now and have often wondered if I had linked to his channel. Its here now anyway.  :)
99% vegetarian with a scattering of non food related items.
Its a shame he's not a cook though as he doesn't ask the right questions for me.
Search through some of the south Indian ones because they're very open about their recipes and more than helpful to share their knowledge.

I watched a BIR video of his a few weeks ago where the chef added a splash of water to the dish....... From the dirty spoon jar!!!  :o

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 02:34 PM »
[...] the chef added a splash of water to the dish....... From the dirty spoon jar!!!  :o
So long as there was no detergent in it, I would not have a problem with that ...
** Phil.

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 09:05 AM »
Thanks for the link Ben
The base gravy needs to be kept on the simmer.
The intention is to keep the curry pan temperature as high as possible to reduce cooking times so the last thing you want to do is add cold gravy to your curry. pan,

Regards

Mick

©2024 Curry Recipes