Author Topic: Intro-Crunchsational From Solihull  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Crunchsational

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Intro-Crunchsational From Solihull
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:51 AM »
Hi all - I'm Tony from Solihull. I'm 51 and have been fortunate enough to take early retirement which gives me lots of time to travel, make pickles, explore craft beer and make curry!

I'm looking forward to reading the recipes and tips, I can make a palatable curry but there is plenty of room for improvement. Lately I've felt that a lot of my curries have been a bit 'samey'. I wasn't aware of this site until I put curry + cabbage into google!

I've never made one before but would like a reliable (and 'Birminghamly' authentic) Balti recipe. Recommendations welcome.

Cheers
Tony (Crunchsational)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Intro-Crunchsational From Solihull
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 07:19 PM »
Welcome Tony and congratulations on your retirement at the ripe young age of 51, I hope it is for positive reasons.

As a Scot I am in no way qualified to comment on Balti curries though I remember some threads on here about the Kushi Balti book that seemed to be well received and perhaps other members can assist with this branch of cooking.

However this site is an excellent resource for BIR curries, replicating as it does, the kinds of curries we all enjoy in our takeways and restaurants across the land.

©2024 Curry Recipes