Author Topic: Indian Sour Cream Dip - Vij's Rangoli, Vancouver  (Read 3303 times)

Offline chonk

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Indian Sour Cream Dip - Vij's Rangoli, Vancouver
« on: November 09, 2017, 10:10 PM »
Hey friends!  :)

Here comes another super easy but super tasty recipe (out of "Vij's at Home" this time).

The sweet-earthy flavour of methi really shines here! They serve this dip at Vij's Rangoli with their Spicy Pulled Poark Roast. But it's super versatile and really, really nice as sandwich spread or simply as is, together with raw vegetables as nibble/salad or even as kind of chutney with papads (tried it all). I like to serve it with Sweet potato Kebabs, arranged together with some red bell pepper juliennes and sprinkled with a few plain boondis. You'll need:

1 cup sour cream (preferably the full-fat kind, but low-fat works just fine too)
1/2 tsp finely minced garlic (approx. 1 small-medium clove)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp crushed dried fenugreek leaves

Combine and mix everything in a bowl, cover it and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.

Enjoy!  :)

I think it will work really great with BBQ and Tandoori in general, Hope you'll try it out sometime and let me know about your combos and variations. Thanks!  :)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:30 PM by chonk »

Offline chonk

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Sour Cream Dip - Vij's Rangoli, Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 01:29 PM »
The grilling season started, so here's a recipe which goes exceptionally well with the sour cream dip.

Glazed baby potatoes - originally published in "The Indian Family Kitchen"

600g new potatoes, pre-boiled, halved if large
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 dried red chili
2 tablespoons Mango chutney (I prefer the smooth type for this)
2 tablespoons oil
a few rosemary sprigs
good pinch of sea salt, plus bit for sprinkling

Roughly coarse the cumin and coriander seeds and chili with your pestle and mortar. Mix with the other ingredients to make the glaze. Rub/brush the glaze over the potatoes, wrap in foil and bake on the grill (with closed lid) or in the oven for about 30minutes.

Enjoy!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Sour Cream Dip - Vij's Rangoli, Vancouver
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 01:55 PM »
Oh you lucky folks that have started your (outdoor) grilling season

©2024 Curry Recipes