Delhi
« on: November 29, 2017, 07:16 PM »
Visited India & Dubai recently

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Delhi
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:26 PM »
I couldn't tell if that was a question or a statement but I'm off to Goa Christmas for three months, looking forward to the excellent food and home cookery lessons given by friends out there.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:15 AM »
No mate - it was a statement - I entered it from my IPhone as a test since I wasn't able to post my full message from my computer - kept getting database error & on retry got you have already posted this - yet nothing was shown as posted.  I will retry shortly.

Went on a Great Railway Journies holiday with missus Ghoulie for her 70th birthday treat. Centred on Delhi - but travelled all over - including Shimla, Agra, Jaipur etc.  Food was excellent - whether it was in the 5 star hotels or roadside restaurant / cafes.  Even got to see round the 'Marigold Hotel' as used in the tv prog in Jaipur.
When my son-in-law realised we were staying at the  ITC Maurya Hotel - Delhi, he insisted we try the independent restaurant there - Bukhara - rated as a world class eating place.  It didn't disappoint - North West Frontier style cooking - fingers only.  Pity there was only 2 of us from our group eating - it would have been nice to try a wider range of dishes.  As it was I had Jingha prawns - the size of which I have never seen before - 6 on my plate - I was stuffed.  My wife had Tandoori Pomfret fish - very nice too.  Excellent naan.  Pricey with beer at  5 pounds a bottle - total bill @ 90 pounds- but well worth the experience.
Did Dubai on the way back and had to try out my old Ravi restaurant haunt at Satwa - as good as ever and cheap still at 6 pounds for 2 of us

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 09:22 AM »
Weird - when I try and post the main content entered after my initial response on its own - will not post - still get data base error - but when I added it back in as a 'modify'post it goes OK ?

Offline foureyes1941

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 12:35 PM »
My husband is so jealous of you, it's his dream to go to Shimla on the railway, perhaps another year. This year we are going on the Nigiri railway toy train to Ooty in Tamil Nadu and will stay in that region for perhaps a week or so so will be nice to get away from the Goan heat for a little while.

You're trip sounded lovely, a foodie's paradise!

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Shimla was a beautiful, interesting  place & climate - but the trip there was marred by dense smog in Delhi - so the 4 hour express to Kalka was 8 hours - then the Shimla train was delayed so that what would have been 5 hours was looking like 9 hours re darkness - so we were taken off after 4 hours to go rest by car.  Shimla train very cramped and basic for such a long winding journey.

©2024 Curry Recipes