• July 21, 2018, 06:32 PM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

Author Topic: Chicken Curry  (Read 448 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• Ive Had Way too Much Curry
Chicken Curry
« on: January 05, 2018, 10:28 PM »
Not BIR but got an Instant Pot for xmas so i thought I'd have a go with a curry, chicken thighs and a few potatoes with some egg pilau

littlechilie

Re: Chicken Curry
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:35 PM »
One pot curry is the staple of our home.. looks lovely Gav I’m guessing no base added with the reduction?
Egg pilau looks good.

I’m still using my Lidl pressure cooker but I was checking out Reviews of these pots.

Offline Gav Iscon

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:38 PM »
Actually as it was more of a first time experiment for timings, I used  some base for the liquid. Took about 30 mins total for the curry. Rice was cooked in the instant pot and then flashed through the wok with some egg.

Offline Madrasandy

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 07:28 AM »
According to the www the instant pot sold out in most places over the Xmas period.
I have been considering getting myself a pressure cooker for some time now, what size is your pot Gav and where did you buy it from?
That curry looks lush by the way
You cant beat the heat

Offline Gav Iscon

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 09:51 AM »
I have the Duo 60 7 in 1 , 6 litre. 

They were sold out long before that and some people were asking up to £1500 on ebay for them, I kid you not. I ended up getting mine second hand unused but still had to cough £70 for it.which was cheap in the second hand market at the time. I waited till Amazon Black Friday but they didn't have any. 2016 they were £69.99. The 8i was £89.99 when the Amazon Prime was on.

Anyway stock is back in in February and i'm really pleased with it.. Great for base. Just chuck it all in, set it away and come back and blend. It goes to a keep warm function after cooking so that's handy. Also has a Saute mode with 3 settings. Great for pulses. A lot easier than my old traditional pressure cooker

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: