Author Topic: Anisa TA chirk ,wales  (Read 3568 times)

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Anisa TA chirk ,wales
« on: January 07, 2018, 03:18 PM »
I honestly never thought i could buy a completely inedible curry but i did last night,i ordered a bhuna a ,jalfrezi and rogan josh along with pilau rice,they all tasted the same,the sauce was very smooth it did not look like it had been in a blender it looked and tasted like a strong over cooked tomato soup and not a hint of bir flavor or any spicing at all,the rice was nothing more than colored boiled rice no flavor to it at all,we put the lot in the bin,they should be ashamed to sell food like that,if you are ever in that area avoid at all costs.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Anisa TA chirk ,wales
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Sounds disgusting  :-\

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 07:48 PM »
A great shame.  I am pleased to say that my last two curries were exceptionally good -- one from a multi-ethnic buffet-style Indian cafe in Dublin (eat as much as you like for

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:23 PM »
-- one from a multi-ethnic buffet-style Indian cafe in Dublin (eat as much as you like for

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 09:08 AM »
Can you remember the name of the Dublin one Phil?  I'm back over there this August and always looking for recommendations and

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 09:57 AM »
Not much info on it but this appears to be the place
Istanbel Buffet House
90-91 Marlborough St, North City, Dublin 1, Ireland

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 10:11 AM »
And getting back to madpowers post, looking on Tripadvisor it gets a 4. I've ate from loads of places in Britain when I've been working away and lots that have been well rated etc on Tripadvisor or Google have been major disappointments.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 12:31 PM »
Not much info on it but this appears to be the place:
Istanbel Buffet House, 90-91 Marlborough St, North City, Dublin 1, Ireland
That is most definitely it, Gav; well worth a try.
**Phil.

P.S.  For "Ridley Court" read "Ripley Court" above, but still not really recommended,  Recepti0n staff good (as were front desk) but barman as miserable as sin and lounge dragon (who guards access to breakfast room) wears epaulettes, outward-pointing spikes on her sleeves, military-style boots, and would probably be more at home policing the Chinese occupation of Tibet.  Breakfast ambience more like tourist hostel in Thailand that a 3-star hotel in Dublin, and the so-called "toast" had been exposed to the grill for perhaps all of five seconds.  Coffee was murky and came in an over-sized bucket cup rather than a cafetiere (I decanted it into a breakfast cup, which helped a little).  Suffice to say I didn't bother with breakfast on the day of our departure, having instead pringles and prosecco on the flight back to Newquay !
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:29 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes