Author Topic: Group testing.  (Read 38460 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Group testing.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 10:28 PM »
Happy to go with his mix powder, although that will mean the expense of purchasing a bag of paprika which I avoid using as is possibly one spice that seems to degrade quicker than most other  >:(  I will use JB's base.   At least i'll be able to make a comparison between other madras curries I make and his, although strictly speaking of course it won't be Dips exact recipe because of the base swap  :)  And then we've got the variable of what garam masala do we use, as it does account for 8% of the mix powder overall, which ranks higher than many other recipes.

littlechilie

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 10:34 PM »
Happy to go with his mix powder, although that will mean the expense of purchasing a bag of paprika which I avoid using as is possibly one spice that seems to degrade quicker than most other  >:(  I will use JB's base.   At least i'll be able to make a comparison between other madras curries I make and his, although strictly speaking of course it won't be Dips exact recipe because of the base swap  :)

Great I think I have Jbs base and some paprika still, although I always enjoy a trip to my Indian store, you could always pick some up at Aldi 49p if your able, it should do the job.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Count me in!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 10:40 AM »
At the risk of starting to sound like George in one of his more antagonistic moods, I cannot see the point in the exercise if we are not all going to use the same base, "mix powder" and recipe.  The base is presumably fundamental to the recipe, as is the "mix powder", and as CA thoughtfully included links to both Dip's base and his "mix powder", should not all participants in the group test use both of these if any comparison is to be meaningful ?

** Phil.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:33 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 10:45 AM »
I agree with LC, use your own base if needed, and then try and replicate the rest, its about fun and stimulating the forum.

I'm in

Ed

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 11:47 AM »
To be honest (and here I fear I may sound worryingly like George in one of his more depressive moods), I cannot see the point in the exercise if we are not all going to use the same base, "mix powder" and recipe.  The base is presumably fundamental to the recipe, as is the "mix powder", and as CA thoughtfully included links to both Dip's base and his "mix powder", all participants in the group test should surely use both of these if any comparison is to be meaningful, should they not ?

** Phil.

Where as I would normally agree with you Phil, I think it's better to get the ball rolling and it is just a bit of fun..  Making it more complicated for a first go would probably put people off imo of course.

littlechilie

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 01:14 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some curry action, I
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:55 PM by littlechilie »

littlechilie

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 04:35 PM »

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Well if there's actually some cooking going on, I'm in.

littlechilie

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Well if there's actually some cooking going on, I'm in.

I
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:04 PM by littlechilie »

©2024 Curry Recipes