Author Topic: Group testing.  (Read 38166 times)

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Group testing.
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Totally agree with Phil. Best to ignore.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2018, 07:50 PM »
No suggestions for this months group test so far, why not gather suggestions and then go with the majority

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2018, 07:51 PM »
All in favour, Andy, but we need someone (a volunteer) to co-ordinate this.
** Phil.

Bing

« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2018, 10:56 PM »
Thanks for welcoming words of advice. Ignore the weak and on with the show. Look forward to your upcoming tests from a backseat and hope I learn something.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Thanks for welcoming words of advice. Ignore the weak and on with the show. Look forward to your upcoming tests from a backseat and hope I learn something.
No need to stand on the side-line, Bing; newcomers such as yourself are more than welcome to participate in group testing, and their fresh unjaundiced feedback will be a very beneficial contribution to the whole idea.

** Phil.

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2018, 05:16 AM »
Just a gentle reminder that we have, as yet, no volunteer to lead the March group test.  It would (IMHO) be a great shame if the recent re-awakening of the group test scheme were allowed to become moribund solely through apathy

So another good idea looks like going nowhere, in my opinion. Like my proposal several years ago to hold regional  'come dine' events so we might taste each other's BIR style dishes, Apathy rules, It's so sad. I'm nobody to talk, though, because I made neither of the two recent test dishes. Correct me if I'm wrong but was it only Phil and one other person who reported back on the chicken bhuna? Why bother moving on to a third test given there's been insignificant interest in the first two? I don't know the answer, other than persuade people to change their attitude to participate more, and work as a team, I very much doubt if it will ever happen,

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Group testing (Bob's bhuna chicken)
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2018, 03:09 PM »
Well, the end results were Very Good Indeed
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:07 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Further attempt yesterday, this time using fresh (free-range) chicken breasts.  A definite improvement, as the fresh chicken is far better able to take up the flavour of the dish than pre-cooked chicken.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes