Author Topic: Group testing.  (Read 38168 times)

littlechilie

Re: Group testing.
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2018, 07:11 PM »
My review of Dipuraja 1 Madras has highlighted exactly why I should never dismiss a curry as old school or an early attempt at standard Bir cooking..
I followed dips techniques as exactly as I could, taking the pan off the gas adding the spice and the undiluted tomato pure..
I left the pan on a medium heat, only stirring at the first mix stage.. I then added 6 chef spoons of his base sauce, this as you can see was a perfect size portion... Also 5 pieces of pe cooked chicken. I used dips method..

The Madras is one of the best I have had I a long time, the heat was perfect madras strength with a nice bite and kick..
The flavour was outstanding, I was a little sceptical due to the undiluted tomato and large amount of fenugreek and spice used...
I
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:53 PM by littlechilie »

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Nice one, just finished the last mouthfull of mine too. I'll post my thoughts later.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 08:22 PM »
Image hosting by CR0.co.uk
Madras

Your first picture (above) epitomises my idea of Madras perfection.
** Phil.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2018, 06:46 AM »
Nice looking Madras there LC

Results were as expected really, too much mix powder, maybe thats just my preference, but the curry was very nice, perfect heat, as it would be with using 1Tbs of chilli powder,
Overall a nice simple BIR curry that is easy to cook and tastes great.

Can I suggest the next group test to be a new curry rather than one we have all made before?
One of Chewy's will be good to do, and as Phil suggested a bhuna  I choose Chewy's bhuna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcczfArs3lY
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:40 AM by Madrasandy »

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2018, 09:32 AM »
My review of Dipuraja 1 Madras...

Good review, LC, and I could metaphorically dive headlong into those photos - your curry certainly looks the part and no mistake!

I won't be making my curry until next week, but your Madras has me champing at the bit now!  :)

Edit: Just saw MA's Madras photo - looks perfect! I could murder a curry now! :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 11:39 AM by Naga »

littlechilie

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2018, 10:20 AM »

Can I suggest the next group test to be a new curry rather than one we have all made before?
One of Chewy's will be good to do, and as Phil suggested a bhuna  I choose Chewy's bhuna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcczfArs3lY

Hi Andy I see your feeling was very similar to mine in the curry, I also fully enjoyed it but felt the same.

Unfortunately nextMonths curry has already been selected and chosen by Phil.. if you read up the thread you will see the section I asked for volunteers to take over and suggestions.. Phil has made an excellent choice with a (really top dish) so I

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2018, 10:42 AM »
Phil has made an excellent choice with a (really top dish) so I

littlechilie

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2018, 10:50 AM »

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2018, 12:07 PM »
Agreed LC but I have no interest in cooking that bhuna again so I will sit out till the next one.
Im sure many others will have cooked said curry too, so maybe having a test on a recipe that not many may have made would be more beneficial.

littlechilie

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2018, 12:28 PM »
Agreed LC but I have no interest in cooking that bhuna again so I will sit out till the next one.
Im sure many others will have cooked said curry too, so maybe having a test on a recipe that not many may have made would be more beneficial.

Thanks for your input and participation Andy, but unfortunately agreed it

©2024 Curry Recipes