Author Topic: Does This Look Familiar?  (Read 3924 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Does This Look Familiar?
« on: January 13, 2018, 11:26 AM »
A post came up on the CRO Facebook Page and when I saw the picture I thought, mm, that looks familiar,

Have a look at the post of "Chicken Madras made with Chicken Tikka"

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Curry-Recipes-135428449949115/posts/?ref=page_internal

Now have a look at my post on here:

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=8088.0

Does This Look Familiar?

Cheeky Bugger!

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Does This Look Familiar?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 11:45 AM »
Edit: I might have misunderstood the significance of the FB page when I first looked at it as it appears to be an extension of this site. There seems to be a lot of weel-kent photos on there.

BTW, did I hear your name mentioned in a BBC Radio Scotland documentary on The Associates a couple of weeks ago?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:01 PM by Naga »

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Isnt the facebook group run by Admin?
My Balti Madras picture was posted alongside a completely different recipe, and same picture is now profile photo !

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:12 PM »
 :o  I seem to have got on to facebook as well lol

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 02:15 PM »

BTW, did I hear your name mentioned in a BBC Radio Scotland documentary on The Associates a couple of weeks ago?

The Associates were indeed from the same city and era as me. If they mentioned my name I assume they meant the other "Stephen Lindsay" who was a Scottish singer in the band The Big Fish. Not unless they too were looking to plagiarise my curry recipes!

Offline JonG

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Just to point out this could easily be just an automated feed run by a forum plugin pulling posts from the featured section (which drives the front page of the forum). Nothing sinister and no malign intent from admin, but ideally of course there would be some accreditation to the original author being carried over.

If you think your copyright is being infringed, worth keeping in mind the forum Ts&Cs almost certainly assign copyright of any posts you make to the forum owner, so admin in a way "owns" all content and can repost it wherever & whenever  ;D

So now I've cheered you all up....!

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 03:52 PM »
I'm not objecting at all to the forum posting a recipe of mines as it is indeed given over to them and I totally understand and accept the rules of this site.. However the photo (i.e. the one I took) is from the recipe for Madras with Taz Base not any other recipe. The accompanying text, is not what I originally posted, but I suspect it has originated from mine and been edited due to some of the phrasing. Note also that it does not start with oil (which is the Taz method) but that it specifies any type of base. Well most other base recipes won;t have as much oil as Taz which is why there is no oil to start off the cooking process in Taz recipes. This recipe is therefore pretty inaccurate. I doubt it has been cooked to spec.

I am highly amused as this discovery and a little bemused that someone seems to be passing it off as theirs.

C'est la vie.

Offline JonG

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Ok gotcha, I misunderstood you Stephen but see your point entirely. Admin was online today so probably will pick up on this and comment.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 06:04 PM »
...I assume they meant the other "Stephen Lindsay"...

Who knew there were two lol? Ah well, fame isn't everything. I bet your curries are better! :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 12:15 PM »
...I assume they meant the other "Stephen Lindsay"...

Who knew there were two lol? Ah well, fame isn't everything. I bet your curries are better! :)

I was also a fairly well-known semi-pro musician in Dundee so the confusion was not infrequent!

©2024 Curry Recipes