Author Topic: Supermarket BIR ?  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Supermarket BIR ?
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:52 PM »
I have never been a fan of supermarket Indian ready meals, but I had a pleasant surprise today when I tried Morrison's "Volcanic Vindaloo" -- it was not bad at all.  Interestingly, there was no potato (purists will say "quite right too" !), but with a helping of Mrs Bari's egg pulao,and a ready-made chapati, it went down a treat.  Worth looking out, I would say.

** Phil.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Supermarket BIR ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 07:52 PM »
Unlikely to measure up to a good vindaloo cooked by any of the regulars on here that cook and who have been on the journey a while.  Other than a few tins of St Michael's chicken curry back in the 70's and a spoonful of an Asda madras and a couple of the good old Vestas, my experience of supermarket curries is nil.  I first got to hear about this four months or so ago at work when one of my colleagues mentioned it to me.  Probably baby food I thought so i decided to keep an eye out for it when shopping in Morrisons.  It was a  while before i happened across it.  At that time the meal deal was 2 mains and 2 sides for

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:00 PM »
I alway keep a couple of Sainburys chicken madras in the freezer for an emergency, I think they are about the best supermarket currys.

London.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 06:27 PM »
Had one a good while ago, and have to say it was tastier and hotter than I was expecting, but have never bothered to get one again

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Unlikely to measure up to a good vindaloo cooked by any of the regulars on here that cook and who have been on the journey a while.  Other than a few tins of St Michael's chicken curry back in the 70's and a spoonful of an Asda madras and a couple of the good old Vestas, my experience of supermarket curries is nil.

I couldn't disagree more. You say your experience of supermarket curries is nil and still assume they aren't very good. How out of touch you are. Some (and it is only some) of the Morrisons and M&S chilled curries are delicious, for a start, and I doubt very much if you or almost anyone on here could get remotely close in terms of the quality of flavour.

littlechilie

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 08:26 PM »
Has anyone seen the weather outside today? It

©2024 Curry Recipes