Author Topic: Indian Restaurant Curry at Home Volume 1: Misty Ricardo's Curry Kitchen  (Read 10258 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Wow!

Nobody congratulating one of this forum's greatest contributors?

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
I went to the link yesterday and had a quick look.  I haven't got around to downloading it yet but I will be.  I must admit that I'm not up with the who's who so rshome123 would have made more sense to me.

I have it. Just paid straight up and didn't bother with the 30 day free trial.  Well worth having for under $10.  I'm already learning plenty. Very easy reading with excellent, clear and informative text.

Congratulations are definitely due. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:03 AM by livo »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
It's always good when a long-standing forum member publishes his ideas in a medium less ephemeral than a forum, but for me, a cookery book has to be just that -- a book, not a downloadable Kindle-format package.  So, I congratulate Richard on, and wish him every success in, his new venture, but urge him to consider the world of print.

** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Thinking back ten or so years ago to when I joined the forum when there was a dearth of information on BIR-style curries and my enthusiasm was at a peak I could not have envsioned a time when I'd groan slightly at the announcement of a BIR-a-like curry book. But, honestly, BIR book fatigue has set in and I do groan a bit! Good luck to Richard though!

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
I see your point SS, and Phil I have loads of books but I am enjoying the digital media format. 

For my own requirements in the BIR developmental process, this volume is a good resource, as is this forum and the youtube video platform.  It is timely for me and I consider it to be excellent value at less than the cost of a single serve curry dish from the local takeaway.  I'll certainly get my dollars worth from it.

There are dishes I'll be giving a miss though.  I'm a big pussy so I don't think I'll try the burn your face off dishes.

I once read somewhere that statistics indicate most people use less than 1% of recipes in their cookbook library and in fact most books are purchased primarily to obtain a single dish. My own behaviour is pretty consistent with that.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
I once read somewhere that statistics indicate most people use less than 1% of recipes in their cookbook library and in fact most books are purchased primarily to obtain a single dish. My own behaviour is pretty consistent with that.
Sadly true for me as well.  I bought a hardback Polish recipe book just to get a decent recipe for golonka, only to find that no mention was made of that classic dish.  In the end I found what I wanted (in machine-readable form, image-only) on Google Books ...

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
A 1/3 qty batch of base gravy, pressure cooked in an hour, used to do a Butter Chicken plus a 1/2 sized Pilau rice dish in the making.   Mix this up with the most recent leftovers and I have a banquet tonight.  Last visit to the TA cost me $80.  Great stuff.

Adendum: Pilau Rice recipe.  Chaat Masala and Knob of Butter appear to be included in the simmering ingredients list even though they are on the next page. No delineation.  Following the recipe method clearly shows that they are optional additions after the cooking procedure. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:24 AM by livo »

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
If anyone is interested, Volume 2 is now available in Kindle format.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Nobody congratulating one of this forum's greatest contributors?

What is his user name, please?

©2024 Curry Recipes