Author Topic: Tandoori Mixed Kebab  (Read 6063 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Tandoori Mixed Kebab
« on: March 03, 2018, 10:23 PM »
Chicken Tikka, Hot and Spicy Chicken Tikka, Hariyali Chicken Tikka, Sheesh Kebab and Paneer Tikka

Image hosting by CR0.co.uk

Hot and Spicy Chicken Tikka is from Youtube don't know whether i can post a link, if so let me know and i will post a link.
Chicken Tikka is Blades recipe but i don't add Mint Sauce I add 1 tbsp Dried MInt and rinsed the chicken too.
Hariyali Chicken Tikka is from a web site called Recipe Chart.
I have tried a lot of Hariyali and chicken tikka recipes over the years and the Hot and Spicy recipe is just devine with a lovely kick of heat in the mouth.
The hariyali chicken i have tried, again quite a few and for me the mint was always a little too much but this recipe is spot on for me.
If i can post links to website pages and a link from youtube please let me know and i will post links.
All chicken and paneer was cooked in Tandoori oven in the snow on Wednesday morning took around 1 hour to cook all the kebabs.
6 chicken breasts for for each marinade
36 pieces of paneer
I have said in another thread about skewering all the chicken before you even start to cook the kebabs because they really don't take long.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tandoori Mixed Kebab
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 10:39 PM »
Nice looking mixed plate Uncle.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 11:01 PM »
If i can post links to website pages and a link from youtube please let me know and i will post links.
I can see nothing in the Ts & Cs that would prevent you from posting such links.  T&C 15 reads (in part) :
15.  Understand that when you post here you have granted Curry-Recipes.co.uk a non-exclusive license to the content you posted, providing that you hold copyright to the content.
It therefore allows for the fact that you may not hold copyright to the content.  Linking to another site (rather than stealing content therefrom and re-posting elsewhere) is the norm on the web.

** Phil.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 06:52 AM »
Awesome looking plate there Frank. Quality cooking!  8)

Bing

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Hi

Look so good.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 03:26 PM »
I posted the pictures on another site and i just copy and pasted my thread
here we go

Hariyali - i omitted the ajwain and nutmeg.
http://recipechart.com/recipes/asian-recipes/murgh-tikka-hariyaliskewered-green-herbed-chicken

Hot and Spicy - changed nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nPewEMbRgI&t=24s

littlechilie

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 01:19 PM »
Great looking food, I will be checking the link. I like the side salad, IMO Indian foods should always be accompanied by a refreshing side salad and mixed pickles. It all awakens and stimulattes the taste buds.
Lc.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 03:47 PM »
Excellent-looking plate there, UF. Fairly gets the tastebuds juicing!

Thanks also for the recipe links - I've got some Malai Chicken marinating in the fridge right now!

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 06:25 PM »
Nice one Naga post some pics, when you first take a bite the flavours can be quite confusing but after the first couple of chews it really does hit the taste buds, i had some today on a wrap with salad and mint sauce.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 08:49 AM »
I made the Malai Chicken Tikka (recipe transcribed in the YouTube link above) to accompany jb's Garlic Chilli Chicken. I wanted something different in taste to my usual fare but which wouldn't compete with the garlic and chilli, and this certainly hit the mark.

It was very delicious indeed, both on its own and in the curry, and I'll definitely be trying out the other 2 tikka recipes in due course.

I know ovens differ, but my attempt was slightly dry after roasting the chicken for 40 minutes as suggested in the recipe. My fault for not keeping an eye on it, but I'll give it 30 minutes next time and see how it goes.

Thanks again to UF for posting this topic - I'd never have thought of doing this otherwise. :)

©2024 Curry Recipes