Author Topic: Tandoori Mixed Kebab  (Read 6111 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tandoori Mixed Kebab
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 08:10 PM »
Perfect snacking material to have Sunday afternoon over a pint.  Can't argue with Blades recipe and am more than happy to give the others a go for something different.  I'd be grilling rather than baking the tikkas to avoid drying them out.  Thanks all for posting.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46 PM »
I must urge you all to try the hot and spicy chicken tikka, it is an excellent recipe and the taste is very, very close to a restaurant flavoured tikka.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 06:55 AM »
The trio of tikkas are all on the radar for the weekend!

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2018, 08:23 AM »
I must urge you all to try the hot and spicy chicken tikka, it is an excellent recipe and the taste is very, very close to a restaurant flavoured tikka.

Interesting tikka recipe, no sign of tandoori masala or mint sauce, and what's that she is starting with - pan curd? What is that even?

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 08:37 AM »
I used Greek yoghurt in place of the "Thick curd" in the written recipe for the Malai Tikka. It worked well.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 09:46 AM »

I took the hint. UncleFrank.  Here is my effort.  The tri-coloured tikkas.  Rajma Masala, Mushroom and vegie Biryani, and left over Bombay Beef and Mushroom. I also used the excess Bombay sauce to turn leftover roast potato , pumpkin and carrots into an un-named side dish. Lovely with some pappadums and Mango Chutney.

More photos to come.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Stages in prep. Marinating, skewered, cooked and on the plate.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Interesting tikka recipe, no sign of tandoori masala or mint sauce, and what's that she is starting with - pan curd? What is that even?
Natural yogurt. She's actually saying thick curd I think. You can't hear her over the stupid music.  Just click "Show More" under the video screen and get the ingredients list then play around with them.  I added Cream Cheese and used Paprika instead of White Pepper in the Malai and I used Tandoori Masala and Lemon Juice as extras in the Spicy one.  The Spinnach one, as a new thing to me, I just followed the recipe.

Very delicious, all 3.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Thanks Livo, your food looks great.

©2024 Curry Recipes